Star Wars Pinball Bringing the Force to 3DS on 19th September

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Includes the three original tables

Earlier in the Summer there was a disturbance on the Force, and we discovered that Star Wars Pinball was coming to the 3DS eShop. Zen Studios has now struck down the ratings agencies — though they may come back stronger than can possibly be imagined — and confirmed that the title will indeed arrive on the 3DS eShop in Europe and North America on 19th September.

Rubbish Star Wars riffs aside, it's been confirmed that this package will include the three tables that accompanied the Wii U eShop version — Star Wars Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. On top of that there'll be stereoscopic 3D, of course, as well as the following features designed to keep you coming back for more.

Additional features include the Balance of the Force community feature, in game challenges and score notifications, an XP progression system allowing players to move up the ranks based on Galactic Empire or Rebel Alliance support, Force Score and friends-based Team Score leaderboards.

There's set to be an attractive price, as well, with the title coming in lower than its HD brethren at $6.99 / €6.99. Whether extra tables such as the recently announced Balance of the Force pack will arrive is certainly doubtful, as previous entries on the 3DS have stuck rigidly to their day one tables.

Is the Force going to be strong with this one? We'll find out soon enough.

Rafie

Rafie said:

I just can't imagine these tables in 3D. It's going to be awesome! :D

ejamer

ejamer said:

Still wishing that DLC was available for the other Zen Pinball 3D titles, but getting a new set of tables is good news regardless.

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

I need to go get a points card tomorrow. Day 1 buy for me. Already have Marvel Pinball and it is awesome. Star Wars pinball will be my go to pinball game now. :)

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Meh. I love Star Wars but I find these tables overpriced. If I got it I'd get this version though.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

@KnightRider666 Um what? I don't have a Wii U. I meant that I have a lot more tables available on my PS3 and Vita and I am sad that 3DS owners are getting the short end of the stick with no DLC tables and only a handful of tables. I gave up waiting for new 3DS tables over a year ago.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

@KnightRider666

Oh, since you're talking to me, I got the Darts up game. A friend won it and gave the code to me. I only played a tiny bit so far and it's actually not that bad at all.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

I have it on Wii U but I was never a pinball fan untill I played Zen Pinball on my 3DS and the depth you get from the 3D is amazing - for me the only and best way to really play video pinball is in 3D , the 3D effect is perfect for pinball games any 3DS owners that have thought about getting one of the zen titles I highly highly recommend them trust me your 3DS in my opinion is truly the best way to play them.

efaulk84

efaulk84 said:

I was thinking about the price and this game is priced fairly. Unlike Angry Birds for Console systems the Zen Studio Pinball games are reasonably priced. I wish some of these Mobile Game Ports would be closer to the price you can buy it for on your smartphone. I am more of a fan of the Pinball Arcade series and hope that that will come to the 3DS and Wii U,