WayForward Confirms Mighty Switch Force! 2 For Wii U

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

"It’s kind of a backburner project right now"

Since its release on the 3DS, many assumed early on that WayForward may bring Mighty Switch Force! 2 to the Wii U, having already become familiarised with the system when producing Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition.

The prospect of the latest entry transitioning to the home console became increasingly likely, with the studio's Matt Bozon stating that it was under consideration earlier in the Summer and then a subsequent PEGI listing was also discovered. It seems that those hints and suggestions weren't in vain, with WayForward telling Nintendo Everything that the title will be coming to the Wii U, but that it's "a backburner project right now". Official details are set to be revealed in the next few weeks.

Have you played this title on 3DS, and would you be interested in double-dipping or giving it a try on Wii U? Let us know in the comments below.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'd probably pick it up on discount, same way I got MSF: HD on Wii U. Great game, haven't played much of it though. Too many other awesome games! :D

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

My Wii U is ready. Beaten every level of MSF HD and MSF / MSF2 lately and I've fallen in love with these games. Can't wait to see how much crazier things can get with the hose in Hyper mode.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Awesome, I've been waiting for this :D Bought the first one on the WiiU, will be nice to get the second one for the same system.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I hope they just go completely "Gunstar Heroes" / "Metal Slug" for the (surely coming!) third outing and make the third game a pure run'n'gun. I miss those games.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I enjoyed it but it felt more like dlc than a whole new game and the new stuff doesn't add much to the experience.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I'll give Hyper Drive Edition a go in the near future. I keep meaning to, but between my favorite Wii U retail games and my enormous Wii backlog, it's been hard to find the time.

banacheck

banacheck said:

The first one is a good game, so i'll be looking into this for sure. I hope the 2nd one has leaderboards but i have a feeling it won't like the 1st one.

MetalKingShield

MetalKingShield said:

Having enjoyed both Mighty Switch Force game very much, I am happy to stick with the handheld/pixel versions. However, others only become interested when there's a Wii U version, so I'm sure it's worth their while. Personally, I think Patricia Wagon is such a cool character I really want to see a pure action game with her in. No puzzles, just loads of bosses, weapon upgrades and sheer fun.

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

Is this going to be a Hyper Edition or what? Kind of weird the article only says Mighty Switch Force 2.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Very happy to hear this. I was waiting to buy it for my big screen. Definitely getting it whenever it appears.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Shiryu Me too the 3DS badly needs a good run n gun. I have Metal Slug 7 an Contra 4 but I don't play either of them because the scaling makes it look so awful on my 3DS XL. The dsiware commando's thing is quite good (Regardless of what they think here it plays just fine and it is much easier than any of the later levels of Metal Slug on the MVS difficulty). I only have the first Mighty Switch Force thought it was ok but nothing special. (No where near enough combat for me. I like the combat in Super Metroid and Rondo of Blood but those aren't the bits the people making "Metroidvania's" only the worst parts.)

luminalace

luminalace said:

I have held off from buying it on 3DS as I'm waiting for the Wii U version. Loved MSF on Wii U!

HolyDiver

HolyDiver said:

This is awesome news. Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition is one of the best downloadable only games I've played on the Wii U to date. So I'll definitely be getting Mighty Switch Force 2.

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

I got Hyper Drive Edition and was going to get 2, but then realized I should probably wait. Glad I did.

Mahe

Mahe said:

Is it on "backburner" because of the Wii U's slow sales? MSF2 was great on 3DS, and it should be a great addition to the Wii U game selection as well.

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

As long as theres 100% new levels unlocked when the original leveld are finished. And also that there isn't a difficulty spike in the new levels where I can't make it through a certain platform section, which is what happened in MSF HD with me.

dadajo

dadajo said:

I have not gotten the 3ds version so I might just go on ahead to the wiiu one.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

meh, the first on the 3ds was enough for me. good game and all, but i have no real desire to jump into a sequal that barely shakes things up.

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

Yay! Loved the Orginal on 3DS and WII U. I skipped the 2nd one in hope of this. Ill totally be getting this! now i need to par the bonus hyper stages.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Oh, maybe this version won't have a jacked up price in Canada for no reason. Then maybe I'll get this version.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Meh, I hope they are bringing something else to Nintendo consoles, I liked the addictive challenge of Hyperdrive but it's not a series I have any attachment to.