Video: New Pokémon X & Y Trailer Shows Fun Stuff, and Oorotto

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Looking rad

Pokémon X & Y's hype train is well and truly on the tracks now, rushing through the internet's wilds ahead of its worldwide October release. Poorly thought-out metaphors aside, there's a new trailer online for us all to enjoy.

This footage made its debut in Japanese theaters with the release of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! The Movie: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens earlier this month in Japan, which we're sure did well despite its slightly over-the-top title. It includes the first appearance of new tree-like 'mon Oorotto, which was initially revealed — sort of — by scribbled illustrations that spread around the web courtesy of excited fans that had been to see the movie.

Check it out below and bask in its Pokémon glory.

Thanks to Zak Islam for the tip.

[via serebii.net]

Funbunz

Funbunz said:

Wow, love the title of the movie! I need a title like that to make myself sound vaguely mysterious and exciting.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

If the game is being released worldwide at the same time, why can't we have a trailer in English?

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Amazing! I wish we got that 3DS XL color over here (The X Y Blue one) and the movie! Game looks better and better with each new trailer!

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! The Movie: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens". Okay, then.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

By the way, I hope the "pet your pokemon" thing isn't mandatory. Felt pretty stupid doing that in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

Beta

Beta said:

@Footballer42 Well, they already said it's being retyped to the new type, Fairy. I suppose it's a given that it will be featured in the game that way.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

Looks pretty sweet. I've gotten back into Pokemon this past week between playing Pokemon Emerald and borrowing Pokemon White from my sister-in-law so that I can trade some 'mons with my Pokemon Black game. (She owns it, but doesn't really play it.)

SnackBox

SnackBox said:

No joke but about 6 years ago I entered a Pokemon drawing competition and I really liked sudowoodo and decided to draw an evolution, looked very similar to those tree Pokemon

Squid

Squid said:

Man these trailers always make me excited. :) (but honestly Oorotto isn't that great so far)

SpinelessOyster

SpinelessOyster said:

@PokemonDemon He does have a pre evo with Bonsly though right? This guy looks to me like he'd fit perfectly into that family, but I suppose that would almost make too much sense.

Big_Boy_Chubs

Big_Boy_Chubs said:

oorotto looks like something i saw while playing mariokart on the ds. i think it was the luigi's mansion course. Anyone agree with me?

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

@SpinelessOyster Sudowoodo is a rock type and these appear to be grass as there in a forest and not a cave. Unless the "leaves" on there bodies are actually moss covered rocks its safe to say its a new Pokemon or perhaps even an evolutionary line.

SpinelessOyster

SpinelessOyster said:

@Blue_Yoshi It's possible. There is a couple other similar looking Pokemon that have nothing in common. Though in Silver/Gold Sudowoodo did appear in a route that had nothing to do with rocks and caves.

Meaty-cheeky

Meaty-cheeky said:

I Hope that Pokemon edition 3DS XL comes to America!

If in does, I will finally upgrade from my aqua blue original 3DS.

One-Winged-Pit

One-Winged-Pit said:

I will never understand why people obsess over thinking a Pokemon will be connected to another one because they look similar. Like those morons that thought Noivern was related to Swoobat because they are both bats but look nothing alike.and different typing.

NintendoFlow

NintendoFlow said:

I love the interaction with the Pokemon :) Feeding and petting them looks like fun and Does Oorotto and Sudowoodo relate?? :D

McGruber

McGruber said:

This is my most anticipated 3DS title, and has been since I bought the thing at launch.

Player4

Player4 said:

Oorotto reminds me of that Tree-like Digimon.. Now what's his name again?

Kirby3ds

Kirby3ds said:

Wow..could the 3ds could of eliminated its slow start by making b and w 2 a 3ds exclusive? Maybe?