Monochroma Aims to Bring Its 1950s Dystopia to the Wii U Library in 2014

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

This game looks gorgeous

While some may not be fans of crowdfunded games, it'd be churlish to disregard them entirely, especially as promising titles such as Cloudberry Kingdom and Shovel Knight are coming to Nintendo platforms courtesy of receiving vital funds through their own campaigns. Sometimes projects of undeniable quality emerge, and one that seems to fit the bill at this early stage is Monochroma by Nowhere Studios.

Based in Turkey, Nowhere Studios comes to Kickstarter with a large part of the project ready, with the goal of the fundraising being to help the company through the final months of finishing content and refining the game. Set in a 1950s dystopia, Monochromia is a puzzle platformer with a visual style that can be equated to popular download title Limbo, with four distinct areas to be explored by two brothers. The target is for each area to be a chapter that's roughly 90 minutes long.

The main target platforms are PC, Mac and Linux for December, but it's been confirmed that if the target's hit the title should come to Wii U by May 2014, as the studio looks to reach as many platforms as possible. At the time of writing the campaign has reached over $25,000 of an $80,000 target with 24 days to go.

Check out the video below and let us know what you think.

Thanks to Stephanie for the tip.

[via kickstarter.com]

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

There's not enough black and white games. I would love a proper MadWorld sequel on the U.I haven't played human skittles in ages.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@Nintenjoe64 exactly, Madworld needs to continue!

This is definitely a must for me! I love Limbo, a Shadow's tale/Lost in Shadow, and Ico more then most other -none-Nintendo- games.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

This looks (and sounds) AMAZING. So much so that I'd really like to get a much longer game out of it.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

@Shambo
A madworld sequel would be epic, hell keep the black and white and red but with more power behind it and HD.... amazing it would be.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@SetupDisk and yellow ('sounds') and blue (alien blood). Maybe add local co-op and co-op kills, or a 1vs1 fighter mode... Also, I'd love a sawed-off shotgun as a very limited use weapon. Especially since it could add quite a few brutal close quarter takedowns and stun an enemy at short distance. Maybe for some seperate sections like the motorcycle ones, they could make a short cover corridor or circular arena level for shooting. That's just me wishfully thinking...

Platinum games is currently working very hard on two amazing looking games for Wii U, which I'll both eagerly get day one, but I sincerely hope they'll make Madworld 2 for Wii U afterwards.

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

Hey looks like that game called Limbo that I adore :3. Will get if it comes for the Wii U.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

If this doesn't get kickstarted than Kickstarter is dead. lol. It looks great, it has a demo and is mostly done and it's a modest goal.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Looks very atmospheric, with some stunning visuals and great music.
A good original puzzle/platform adventure game is something I never growed tired of.