Shin'en Ponders Over HD Version of Jett Rocket II

Posted by Andy Green

Could it come to Wii U too?

Shin'en Multimedia is currently working on Jett Rockett II - The Wrath of Taikai, the sequel to the fun little WiiWare title that was released back in 2010. This new iteration is headed to the 3DS eShop and should be with us later on in the year.

It appears the developer is contemplating the idea of releasing an HD version at some point as it sent out a tweet letting everyone know the game has been played on an HDTV via HDMI.

Back in May Shin'en pushed the game back to the third quarter of 2013 as it wanted to add "true" free roaming 3D levels, similar to the ones found on the WiiWare adaptation.

It's unlikely both a 3DS eShop and Wii U eShop version will crop up at the same time, but an HD version could possibly emerge after a few months in the same way WayForward released Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition on Wii U after the success of Mighty Switch Force! on the 3DS.

Would you like to see Jett Rockett II - The Wrath of Taikai come to the Wii U eShop? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com, nintendoeverything.com]

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

Each unique Wii U exclusive console downloadable game adds to the appeal of the console. The more, the merrier.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

yes please. the bigger the screen the better shin'en games look.
And Wii U could use some 3D action platformers.
Personally I wanted Jett Rocket 2 on a home console right from the start.

accc

accc said:

How's about they focus on finishing up this one for 3DS and then make Jett Rocket 3 for Wii U instead

McGruber

McGruber said:

What @accc said. They should really just focus on doing something else though. Jett Rocket 1 was pretty for a Wii game, but was awefully boring. I think they are making a Wii U racer, and I'm.excited for that 1

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

If they do, I will get it. Since the first one was a console title as well, then it would be similar.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

When the Wii U was lacking games, a Wii U version of 3DS games was fine, but with so much on the horizon, I think it might be time for devs to make new games for each console, not penny pinch. Most people won't buy two copies of the same game. Unless its really really really good.

Austroid

Austroid said:

The first was a pretty good, if a bit of a standard 3D platformer. An actual story this time around would be nice, as well as playable Rudolpho. :P

If they decide on releasing it on Wii U it would definitely be one pretty-looking game.The first one's visuals outdid many, if not most of Wii's retail titles.

Pod

Pod said:

By all means please proceed good sirs!

I am much more likely to play an action game on my console than on a handheld, and I liked the first Jett Rocket very much.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

@TheAdza most people don't buy two copies of games.." I know you said most but you should included dedicated people.. I bought two copies of each advance wars, and Civilization Revolution, to play with other people who didn't own a copy.