Go Bananas For These Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Pre-Order Bonuses

Posted by Orla Madden

A bag and a fancy tie

This month sees the release of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for the 3DS, and UK retailer GAME has teamed up with Nintendo to offer exclusive gifts for those who pre-order the game.

Take to the supermarket in style with a Banana Shopper bag featuring the ape himself, as well as an ap-peal-ing Banana keyring to accompany your key collection.

Meanwhile, in Australia, EB Games is offering its own exclusive item to tie-in with the launch of the game. Ever fancied wearing Donkey Kong's famous red tie? Well here's your chance, as the Aussie games retailer is giving you the opportunity to own the 148cm tie that includes the ape's initials.

The port is set to release on the handheld system on 24th May across both Europe and North America, and 25th May in Australia.

Will you take up any of these offers? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via game.co.uk, ebgames.com.au]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

WOAH! I wasn't anywhere even near interested in picking up DKCR 3D (as I've got it on Wii), especially not preordering it but that tie!... DAMN that's awesome :D I'm gonna have to do battle with myself on this one...

zool

zool said:

The Game is the most expensive shop or on line store for 3ds games.

zool

zool said:

I have also noticed that because Nintendo have linked with the game, other outlets don't bother getting new Nintendo games out into the shops for release date.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Bring that tie offer to America! Or at least make it a Club Nintendo gift to purchase with play coins.

jgibson75

jgibson75 said:

Nothing for the U.S.? I want the game, but probably won't get it at launch do to my budget being smaller than I'd like. But I will get it down the road. Gotta save my money for Animal Crossing first. I'm getting it at launch for sure. Nintendo has a strong line up of 3DS games this year (with probably more to be shown soon). Now if only they could get some awesome games or the Wii U out... I'm excited for Pikmin 3 & Wonderful 101 but not much else has caught my eye... oh, and the Eternal Darkness spiritual sucessor, Shadow of the Eternals. That looks awesome. I maybe forgetting something. But still, I should be able to thin of more than 3 or 4 games for the console. I can't count how many Xbox games I'm looking forward to this year. I want the Wii U to succeed... but they gotta get the games out there. Wow. Did not mean for this to turn into a rant. It is way to early for me to be up. lol

Blizzaga

Blizzaga said:

Was super excited, then noticed North America gets the shaft. Then I was sad.

skjia

skjia said:

...I want to go to there...
Wow seriously. That tie is amazing. Even the bag is pretty cool. You know, you Europeans always complain about delays and stuff but your pre-order rewards are almost always way better than America's. lol

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

You lucky Aussies. Meanwhile, we get nothing. It's not a day one purchase for me anyways but if I could get that tie, I'd preorder.

Galactus

Galactus said:

Anyone know if we are getting anything in North America? Nintendo never does pre-order bonuses around here it seems…

While I did get some pins and a coin for some Mario games, a DK tie would just be too classy.

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

@zool Which is why I would never shop there. Sorry game, but just because you dangle pre-order bonuses in front of me will not make me pay the inflated prices you charge for the games. Everyone who shops there should realise this and boycott that abomination of high street retailing.

AlGator

AlGator said:

I would dress up for work just to wear that tie! (I normally work in jeans...)

stefenjc

stefenjc said:

Isnt EB Game part of Gamestop? So is that means the DK Tie will be a bonus to U.S too or not? o.o Hope so, If its not then I have no interest buying it :/

Drobotic

Drobotic said:

Yeah,that tie has to be one of the best pre-order bonuses of all time.Not kidding.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Between the file size and the preorder bonus, I'm giving serious thought towards getting this game in physical form. I have a Bowser T-shirt and a Mario cap, so a DK necktie would complete the outfit for sure! ;)

allav866

allav866 said:

NoA, you damn well better bring that tie to the states, even if it has to be a reward on club nintendo, even if it has to be a Platinum Membership reward that ships in December! I don't care, as long as I get that freakin' tie!!!!

HunteROB

HunteROB said:

if i could get the tie in canada, that'd be the only reason i rebuy a game i already own for wii.

element187

element187 said:

Damnit Nintendo of America... THIS IS THE SECOND TIME NOE GETS A COOL PACK IN SURPRISE.... argh... First it was the Boo stress ball/glow in dark cover, and now again we don't get these goodies..... Le Sigh.