New LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Screens Are Beyond Cute

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Hulk Smash!

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes was confirmed earlier in the year for Wii U, 3DS and, surprisingly, DS. The franchise has gone into DC Heroes territory before, of course, but combining Marvel characters with LEGO is sure to delight a broad variety of gamers.

While the game was revealed earlier in the year, we didn't know much else beyond its storyline involving Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and others in a LEGO New York city. With a Fall release on the cards and over 100 characters to enjoy, TT Games Publishing has now released some fresh screenshots to show some of the environments and heroes in their full forms (previous video footage was of the game in progress), and it's looking rather attractive.

Scroll down to check out all of the screens, which are representative of how the game should look on Wii U. With LEGO City Undercover being rather good, we're certainly interested to see how this one turns out.

And, it must be said, the LEGO Iron Man may be one of the best things ever.

[via vg247.com]

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'll probably pick this up when it's cheap. I've had a lot of fun with Lego Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, but not the sort of game I'd want to pay anything near full price for.

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

Chase McCain?! No wait, wrong game
This is looking awesome, can't wait. So long as the spirit of Lego City passes through, I'm more than excited :)

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I used to like these games a lot. After completing Star Wars Complete, Batman and Harry Potter 1-4, Potter 5-7 felt uninspired, just more of the same.

The Lord of the Rings, which I had hope for years that would happen, was the same. The only thing on its side was its license. That way I had to pass.

I am actually curious about Undercover 3ds. It could be my next Lego game. I just hope it deviates a little from the formula, it's getting tired.

Beta

Beta said:

I guess this might just be my third LEGO game (Island 2 being first, Undercover being second) :)

Azikira

Azikira said:

plays with his Lego Iron Man minifigure because he totally spent $20 just to get it :3

Wamtu

Wamtu said:

I really don't understand the people who look at this and go, "Eh, it looks terrible."

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

Looks fantastic!!! Day 1 purchase!!! I have enjoyed Lego City Undercover immensely so another game involving exploring a big city with Marvel characters is a no brainer!!

Pikminboy

Pikminboy said:

I tought it looked cool played Lego batman and Lego lord of the rings , those were pretty cool , about to get undercover and this too.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

It has Deadpool, therefore I need to buy it, no matter the quality of it. Same goes to the Deadpool game being released soon.

rjejr

rjejr said:

As a huge long time Marvel fan I'm really looking forward to this one, as long as it has multiplayer. And NONE of those wretched Super Hero Squad surfer dude attitudes. Poor poor Silver Surfer.

I suppose that villian is Sandman? My first thought was ZZZax, too much too hope for I guess.

That long thin room with the chandeliers - screenshot 2 - looks like the room Spiderman fought Mysterio in at the end of Friend or Foe, which story-wise sounds a lot like this game.

Buy.

ErnisDy

ErnisDy said:

@lmac99 well, everything seems to be aliased, and the backgrounds look empty and unpolished. But maybe its just me....

malown

malown said:

Wow! Just Wow. Lego City Undercover was impressive already, but this is gonna be breathtakingly spectecular :D

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Ok, talk about LEGENDARY! Those graphics are just amazing. This looks like is gonna be pretty awesome. Thanks, NL, for these amazing pictures. I can't wait for this game.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Wow the Lego guys is really getting my attention this year with Lego City Undercover and Lego Marvel Super Heroes :D

I wish someone would bring Marvel Ultimate Alliance back

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I much as I am enjoying Lego City: Undercover I probably wont be picking up this game. I played Lego Starwars 1 and 2, Both Lego Indiana Jones games, Both Lego Batman and Both Lego Harry Potter. I didnt bother with Lego PotC or Lego LotR because these games are all the same thing just different coats of paint and I am sure that Marvel will be the same as all the others.

As unique as these games were when the first came out enough is enough now they really need to end this series.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

Lego batman started a downward trend for Lego games, and I felt Lego batman 2 was really no better (just adding Superman right at the very end in the story mode doesn't change that much). My wife got Lego Pirates & Lego LotR cheap on PC at about $20 each, and they were no better than the Harry Potter ones which felt stale.
This one interests me and I will definitely get it on Wii U, and it really does seem to be an improvement on the last few.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

This and Lego Batman 2 are must-buys for me. I'm really looking forward to putting Lego Dr. Strange through his paces: Into the Dark Dimension!