Renegade Kid Open To Idea Of Moon Sequel

Posted by Lee Meyer

IP rights present an issue, however

Renegade Kid recently announced its new FPS, Cult County, which is to be released on the 3DS eShop episodically later this year and into next year. Speaking to Nintendo Force magazine about the horror-themed shooter, co-founder Jools Watsham made reference to his studio's DS horror series Dementium and the lesser-known but well-liked sci-fi FPS, Moon.

Watsham remarked that he wanted to develop a sequel to Moon, but points out that continuing the series is highly unlikely because its publisher, Mastiff, still holds the rights to the IP.

Watsham said:

We had always planned to make a sequel to Moon, but that seems extremely unlikely at this point due to its ties with the publisher. Perhaps we’ll attempt to buy the sequel rights back from Mastiff one day. Not sure. Having said that though, we are pouring all of our efforts and desires into our new first-person shooter for the 3DS. If people like our new FPS, then we’ll have complete freedom to continue to support that game with sequels and such.

Renegade Kid has experienced similar struggles with its Dementium series, which is currently owned by Southpeak Interactive. Dementium II is currently being reworked for PC and Mac release by Memetic Games and Digital Tribe Games. Renegade Kid is aiming to release the first episode of Cult County later this year.

Are you interested in Renegade Kid revisiting the Moon series? Let us know in the comment section.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

AcridSkull

AcridSkull said:

I couldn't really get into Dementium, it was okay but there was nothing that really compelled me to go back and finish it.
I've been trying to find Moon at an acceptable price for a long time now but it's just not available anywhere.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

I never played moon but own/played/beat the 2 demave a new dentiums, I rather have a new dementium.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Didn't care much for their first two games. Renegade Kid really came into their own though with Dementium II.

Meaty-cheeky

Meaty-cheeky said:

A new Moon game with upgraded 3DS graphics and added on Circle pad pro support would be awesome!

spamineggs

spamineggs said:

I would love a sequel to MOON, and a final chapter to Dementium. I'm totally excited about Cult County too!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

I would actually like a Moon sequel very much, especially if it delved more into the story. I remember being intrigued as I played, I'd love to have another experience like that (but without a game-killing bug like the one in Moon, please, i beg of you!)

spamineggs

spamineggs said:

hey BlackDragon, I've heard about this bug, but I never experienced it. care to share, or point me in the direction of the story?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@spamineggs: the story of the bug? (edit: whoops, i was so wrong! thankfully i remembered i posted a topic long, long ago to warn people about it, haha, so this is c/p'd from there)

The first mission involving use of the LOLA (an in-game vehicle), it's pretty much a straight drive past some barriers and into a garage area with a platform large enough for you to park the LOLA on. DO NOT park on the platform! Later on (Chapter 6) you'll come to a point where you need to use the LOLA again, and if you parked on the platform (like I did), you'll go up to it and start to enter, but before you're fully inside a cut-scene will show the platform rising to the next area, where you will suddenly be LOLA-less and trapped, with no way to get back to the lower area.

Again, to avoid this glitch, park the LOLA elsewhere (just someplace not on the platform!). When you get to Chapter 6, enter the LOLA and then drive it onto the platform (don't get out, lol). That should get you through to the upper area complete with vehicle.

anyway, at the time that glitch came out, it was reported (by IGN) that they were working on an updated cartridge that would have a fix. i have no idea whether or not that actually happened, but just in case, don't park on the platform, haha :3

spamineggs

spamineggs said:

oh wow! thanx. I"ll make sure to never do that from now on, lol!
also, I so wished there was a boss fight that involved the LOLA (the vehicle) like there was one for the RAD.

McGruber

McGruber said:

I would buy it! I loved Moon on the DS. One of the very few 3rd party DS games I played through

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

I'd rather see a Dementium 3 personally. I couldn't really get into Moon...Then again, the only thing SCFI related that ever tickles my Icarus-fancy is Metroid. I'm a horror fanatic, so D3 would be right up my alley...If it's at least more in tune than the first rather than the dissapointing sequal! :p At least breaking down doors with the sledgehammer via stylus was fun while it lasted.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I liked Moon (although the ending is terrible) but I prefer new IPs.

If Cult County turns out good they can count with me.

Neram

Neram said:

I think it would be cool to see a sequel to Moon, but on the other hand I want to look forward to Cult County, because if it's just as good, I'd like to see it go somewhere.