Official Pokémon Facebook And Twitter Pages Tease Pikachu-Related Announcement For Tomorrow

Posted by Orla Madden

Let the Pikachu out of the bag already

Earlier this week, Nintendo of America released a TV commercial promoting upcoming title Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity for the 3DS, but there was also a sneaky glimpse of the limited edition Pikachu 3DS XL in the advert. This got quite a few people excited, as the special edition handheld is currently only available in Japan and Europe.

Today, both the Official Pokémon Facebook and Twitter pages are teasing a Pikachu-related announcement tomorrow:

We’ve got some exciting news for Pikachu fans coming tomorrow! Stay tuned!

We all know what this means, right? Right?

[via facebook.com, twitter.com]

DePapier

DePapier said:

You tease, that's the Pikachu 3DS XL in your picture!!! :)

I could have won it at a tournament. Anyway I would have resold it for a white one: Pikachu and the anime bring shame to the real hardcore of Pokémon. :O lol

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

well i am excited....pikachu is my favorite Pokemon after all....i'm just afraid that if i get it my son might want it lol he's a huge pokemon fan too.

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

(Censored)ing hell!

I love pikachu.........but I just can't justify spending 200$ extra when I already have a 3DS......one day I will track down this and the fire emblem 3DS and buy both....one day...

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

It would be a little funny if they were teasing us, and its actually something like Poképark 3

randomlypikachu

randomlypikachu said:

so its about a pikachu event happening for the 5th gen games? or maby theres gona be more than one pikachu toy when Pokemon Scramble U releases? like maby one has a hat or something? i dunno im making random guesses XD ... maby they're creating a real pikachu? .... couldnt have anything to do with that pikachu 3ds XL though... probaby nothing to do with that at all.

AntiGuy

AntiGuy said:

Give me one of those Pikachu Tamagotchis from the 90's PLS! Man, I used to love those things... I miss my childhood.....

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Meh, I've never considered buying a console I already have for a change of color. That Charizard 3DS, on the other hand, I could convince my brother to buy it so I could contemplate it a bit.

astroshamu

astroshamu said:

@DePapier
it totally is! its the corner of the console, Too many cool 3ds' I want an xl but i like my legend of zelda one too much

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

If it is a Pikachu 3DSXL, I'll pass and wait for the inevitable X/Y themed edition.

Morpheus

Morpheus said:

why NOA refuses to bring a solid black/white XL is beyond me. this is getting ridiculous

UnrealDan

UnrealDan said:

Yeah I'm going to wait for the Pokemon X/Y themed 3DS XL bundle..since it doesn't look like NOA will be releasing a solid black and/or white 3DS XL model:/