Castlevania II: Simon's Quest And Donkey Kong 3 Coming To Japanese 3DS eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

Arriving next week

Nintendo has confirmed that NES titles Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and Donkey Kong 3 will both be hitting the Japanese 3DS eShop on March 27th.

Simon's Quest is one of the more unique entries in the Castlevania series, as it employs a day and night cycle and has strong RPG elements to it. Donkey Kong 3 is a sequel to the popular arcade title — but you knew that already, right?

Hopefully this means both titles will make their way to the North American and European 3DS eShops in the near future. Will you be purchasing either?

[via gonintendo.com]

Related Games

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

'one of the more unique entries' - That's an extremely kind way of putting it.

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

My fav castlevania on the NES era! Still waiting on castlevania to hit the states thou :/

gurtifus

gurtifus said:

Well... as I was 14 when I played Castlevania 2, my english was not so good and because of the many dialogs, I had a hard time finding where to go and what to do. So I found it weird but even so I enjoyed it.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

Japan getting Castlevania 2, Donkey Kong 1 and 3, Zelda Oracle, Super Mario 2 and 3, and Mega Man 1-6 way before US and Europe = RAGE.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Castlevania II gets a bad rap but I still think it is a fun game. I love the atmosphere and music.

Romeo

Romeo said:

@KnightRider666
ye, same...
i just don't get it, it doesn't make any sense

it could be so easy... without getting anyone upset, but no... let's do it the hard way..

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

What a horrible night to hear this news.

Seriously, Simon's Quest is awful. I wish they'd put Castlevania III on the VC.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I have both DK3 and CV2 on carts. With that said, I would get both of these games if they were released here. Awesome (potential) news!! :)

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I wish they start releasing more gb and specially gba games.

I want Metroid Zero Mission, Castlevania Circle of theMoon, Golden Sun 1&2, Mario Power Tennis, Tomb Raider gbc, Lucky Luke gbc, Tintin gbc,... not the same games that are already available in Wii's VC. It's good to have them too but new games are much better

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Ah DK3... the forgotten and oft hated DK of the original series. I look forward to downloading one of my favs :)

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

I personally enjoyed the exploration aspects of CV II, and it's one of my favorite CVs, despite the bad rap it gets. DK 3 brings up memories. I got it on my very first Christmas having the NES!

Those things said, wake me up when there are NEW games available on 3DS VC that haven't already been available for YEARS on Wii VC. :/ I'm STILL effing waiting on Castlevania: Bloodlines!

@DarkBlueEdge
Yeah, that's where I am. You consider the countless games that have never seen the light of day except for their original release, and we're getting previously available NES games (some of which have probably been on Wii VC since the very beginning).

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Actually, Castlevania II was a pretty good game in the series. It was different from the first game just like Zelda II was different from the first Zelda title. Those of you who played and loved Symphony of the Night should give homage to CV II since it was the first title in the series to bring the exploration and RPG elements.

gohanrage

gohanrage said:

I was going to complain if it was DKC 3 I think that one is the worst out of the Trilogy. I still bought it. I have the Original Trilogy. I would rank them DKC 2 Diddy's Kong Quest First and then Donkey Kong Country. then DKC 3 Dixie Kongs double Trouble.

DKC 3 also had the Worst Soundtrack. I got all three Soundtracks on CD

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

Castlevania 2 isn't a bad game per se, but it really falls apart when we compare it to castlevania 3 (the game I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO HIT THE 3DS ESHOP, a little more than castlevania 1). I never really liked the avgn (aside from from the point he is a sellout now) because he constantly bashes this game causing others who haven't played it have a pretty bad impression of the game (I'm not saying it's good or excellent, but it isn't as terrible as he say it is), and I kinda enjoy it because it follows the story of my favorite belmont: Simon.
I would give this a 7.5, below castlevania 1, 3 or 4 but I would give it a go again on the 3ds eshop.

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

I always thoguht DK3 was a really boring game, just seemed like a really simple shooter where they added DK in at the last minute; not a worthy sequel at all.
I really enjoyed playing DK Jr again as part of the 3DS ambassador scheme, and am really pleased the original DK is part of the Famicom 30th promotion, wondering if we'll get the updated DK version with the restored level, hoping it'll at least be 60Hz version in Europe.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I'd rather have Castlevania 3, the best of the classic style castlevanias I would say. Also if they ever start releasing those GBA games I'd like Circle of the Moon since after SOTN it's the best metroidvania, and since my GBA cart's battery has died I no longer have a decent way of playing it.

KFlow325

KFlow325 said:

I'm excited about Castlevania II, although 3 is my fav nes castlevania...can we please get Metal Gear and Snakes Revenge?

delt75

delt75 said:

I love Donkey Kong 3. It's one of the most underrated titles Nintendo has published. I'd love to see Stanley get some love, and maybe be included in the next Mario Kart game? He can use his bug spray as a weapon. :)