Zen Pinball 2 Wii U Pricing to Match Other Platforms

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

$3 per table, or $10 for a four pack

Despite its delay from an original December release, Zen Pinball 2 is still very much on the radar for those eager for a new download on the Wii U eShop. It'll also be the first game on a Nintendo system to follow a structure of a free download accompanied by paid content.

Naturally with a multi-platform download coming to a Nintendo platform there can be a focus on price. Some developers have stated that greater freedom is now given by Nintendo when setting a price; when asked about the issue for Zen Pinball 2, Zen Studios answered on its own forum to state that the pricing will match that of the equivalent releases on rival platforms.

The same as on other consoles - $3 for individual tables and $10 for 4-packs.

It's expected that there'll be a high number of tables available — with free trials — on day one, but what do you make of these prices? Don't forget to check out our recent developer interview with Zen Studios to learn more about its pinball releases on Nintendo systems.

Thanks to Chris Ruston for the tip.

[via forum.zenstudios.com]

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

So the game itself worths $10, but I like the idea of downloading full game for free and expanding it through microtransactions. Kinda like PC games such as TF2 or DC Universe Online.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Each pack is comparable to the releases of Zen pinball we saw on 3DS eShop, 4 tables in a single buy.
It's just a bit pricer than those, but than again we are talking of a WiiU version, so all seems fair and honest here :)

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Well if I have some spare cash than the pinball tables are a worthy concideration.

Bankai

Bankai said:

It's a good price for what you get - assuming the leaderboards etc are as comprehensive in the game as they are on the other platforms.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

DLC = Evil. I love pinball, looks really cool and all, but can't do it. I got WIlliams Pinball for the Wii for $11 new, and it had llke 12 tables. I'll play that.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

No matter how you slice it, the 10-for-4 pack is the better deal. I just wonder how many tables there are in total, at least at launch. I got the predecessor on my 3DS, but I'm considering getting this one.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Im a bit confused: Zen Pinball 2 is the "same" as ZP1 but with enhanced physics and what not ?

Everly

Everly said:

@speedyExpertist Yes, the initial platform is a free download with one free table included. You then can buy additional tables to play. It is reported that we will be able to try out the tables bwfore we purchase it.

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Can see it being €10 for a 4 pack but I don't care I love zens tables on both the 360 and 3ds so I will have no problem buying a 4 pack table.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Unfortunately in those same forums the Zen rep said they haven't even had talks with the right people from Nintendo about Nintendo themed tables. :(

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

Sounds fair enough with us being able to choose what tables we want, although the 4/$10 is obviously the best way to go.

I'm ready for this! :)

Bankai

Bankai said:

@Tech101 I expect that would be way down on the priority list since they'll make more money from tables they can release on PlayStation, Vita and iPad than they will ever make from Wii U (well, for the next couple of years anyway)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

That's fine by me tbh, I actually haven't DL'd the pinball games on my ipad because of space restricitions. Want more tactile controls as well.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

After getting 4 tables for $5 on Zen Pinball 3D, double the price for the same amount of tables is a bit steep now. Hopefully EU prices are different