Professor Layton And The Azran Legacies Release Date Solved For Japan

Posted by Orla Madden

Layton's final mystery out next month

Famitsu has released some new information on Level-5's next installment in the Professor Layton franchise, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies, revealing that the game will launch in Japan on 28th February.

It was confirmed during a Nintendo Direct broadcast in the summer that this would be the final puzzle to be solved in the Professor's adventures.

It is also said that early buyers of the title will receive some neat bonus extras, including bronze figures or 18K gold coins. The catch, however, is that these items won't be available in all copies of the game - class it as some sort of lucky dip, if you will.

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is just finding its feet in the West, so it will be interesting to see when the climactic title will make its way overseas. What are your thoughts? Let us know, as always.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

I think it's good that they decided to end the Layton series at 6 titles instead of letting it get too repetitive and predictable - the interesting stories were lots of the fun anyway. At least the franchise leaves the stage with its dignity. cough Pokémon cough.

Bucho

Bucho said:

I want this game but i know most fans want to know what happens after the end of the Unwound Future, i really hope this last game can shine some light on that, somehow.

Karakato

Karakato said:

So Pokemon X/Y, Monster Hunter 4, Dragon Quest 7, Ace Attorney 5, Todomachi Collection 3DS and Layton 6 will be scheduled for 2013 in Japan? The 3DS is sure to sell big time, at least in Japan.

@Geonjaha What about Pokemon has lost dignity exactly? As I recall, Gen V was a large improvement over Gen IV.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

Wow. Professor Layton and the PS Vita are ending in 2013. This is going to be a big year.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Wait, they aren't in chronological order?

I have to say, that this new name is kind of poor, I prefer the prototype name better. "...and the Ancient Civilization" . Oh well.

dc_10

dc_10 said:

This would be part 3 before curious village which is part 4. Like Star Wars, they started with episode 4.

Garo

Garo said:

Hope this gets to Europe soon enough. They're gonna release the next Pokemons simultaneously all around, so I'd like to see Nintendo putting some effort into the localization of this too.

Zach777

Zach777 said:

Like Star Wars, Disney will purchase the franchise and develop a third trilogy.................

....... Just keeding. :D

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@Geonjaha Please elaborate on how Pokemon has lost its dignity.
No originality, perhaps, but I fail to see how any aspect of it has caused it to lose its dignity.

Ralph

Ralph said:

Never understood the ending to Miracle Mask so I probably won't get this.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

@C-Olimar - The expression is quit while you're ahead. Lose your respect from continuing to make the same game over and over again while falling at the same pitfalls and the franchise loses its dignity - and that's regardless of how many million fans or sales the games get. But hey, this like all else, is simply subjective.

Onikato - I think you meant former, not latter. Latter means you're talking about Gen 6, and although Gen 5 may be better than Gen 6 - it doesn't help your point or make any sense since the games aren't out yet.

Karakato

Karakato said:

@Geonjaha Thanks for pointing that out, My mistake lol.
But... What exactly do you see about the main Pokemon series falling from grace? The series is still highly regarded and the basic formula can still be improved. Besides, if you find the series too repetitive then it's not for you, I'm sure there are millions of Kids who only played the DS series most likely that are clamoring for this game. It can be repetitive yes, but it hasn't fallen from grace. It's not like Gen I was the best in the franchise, Subjectively speaking.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Oh, that's pretty soon! Hopefully we Europeans (and Americans) see it by the end of the year!

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

This will undoubtedly come to western shores before the years end, as every other one has for 5 years straight.
I'm upset to see this series go. Hopefully in the furure they release a cartridge featuring all 6 games! :D

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

Lucky Japanese! It was only a few weeks ago when they received Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, and now they are already receiving the final game. Oh well, patience is a virtue after all. Anyways, I just hope that both will be released sometime this year but I highly doubt it.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Bittersweet that the great Layton is coming to an end. It won't become stale, but I'll miss him all the same. :( I love the series.

For those of you chronologically confused, here's the series in CANON order, not release date order:
The Last Specter/Spectre's Call
Eternal Diva (movie)
Miracle Mask
Azran Legacies (yet to be released)
Curious Village
Diabolical box/Pandora's Box
Unwound Future/Lost Future

There's also a second Professor Layton movie coming, but I'm not sure where that will fall into place.

I assume Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney is non-canon.

ChibiJib

ChibiJib said:

So... uh... we will never get to see what happened after The Lost Future?
That's sad since it was my first Layton game...