Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition Gets 30% Discount in North America

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The sales keep coming

After an initial period when Europeans wallowed in Wii U eShop sales to the envious glances of North American gamers, the shoe is now getting firmly tied to the other foot. Three titles received festive period discounts in the region, and now WayForward Technologies has kicked off the New Year by chopping 30% off Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition.

The discount has already been applied — no need to wait for the download update — which means the title is now available for $7 instead of $10. Below is the confirmation from the developer that was posted on Twitter, and we can confirm that the discount hasn't been applied in the European eShop at the time of writing.

So there you have it, another price reduction to help ease the wait for more new download-only titles to arrive on the console. As this one takes a top-notch 3DS eShop game, adds twice as many levels and applies an attractive HD sheen, we rather liked it in our Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition review.

Do you plan to pick this up now that it's been reduced?

[via twitter.com]

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

No discount on the EU edition I'm guessing?
I am definitely interested in getting this gem for my Wii U, after having a blast with the 3DS version, but I would want it at a reduced price.

AcidFox

AcidFox said:

Well, I already have and mastered it on the 3DS, but what the hell, WayForward deserves my money.

SonataAndante

SonataAndante said:

Wayforward knows how to get into my wallet. I wasn't planning on getting this at first due to already buying it on my 3DS. However, 30% was the magic number to get me to pay for this so I could play the Hyper Drive levels or whatever the hard mode is called.

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

Literally just bought this last week. Kinda figured this would happen but I guess it was cheap enough normally priced that I don't really care.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Both this and Nano look good and are priced right, but I'm just not interested in playing remastered versions of 3DS games I already own. That's why the only Wii U eShop game I have so far is Little Inferno. (Which is freaking awesome.) Can't wait for the next batch of promising new Wii U downloads to hit....

Azikira

Azikira said:

I already have this on my 3DS, was somewhat unimpressed sadly. It was a game I wanted to love but just couldn't. Way too short.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

If I ever get a WU, I might get this, even @ regular price. I kinda think it's a little too high, but it's not that bad. Bad enough, but not that bad. For $10. & I understand that WF wants to make profits, as I would want to to a certain degree, if I made games.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Out for under two months and already a bunch of sales on the system's best games? eShop is doin' right by me, I tell you what.

NImH

NImH said:

Yeah, I'll be getting this. I have it on 3DS and love it. I'll have it on WiiU in HD and love it again, I'm sure.

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

I downloaded the 3DS version when it was on sale last summer, maybe I'll have to get this one on sale too. The eShop video looks gorgeous in HD.

odd69

odd69 said:

i just bought this.yay. This is what i want to see more of. Wayforward, please bring more sidescrollers