Zen Pinball 2 Now Gearing Up For January 2013

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

We guessed as much

In the most recent Nintendo Direct broadcasts, it was announced that Zen Pinball 2 was on the way to the Wii U eShop in December. It's set to incorporate a similar setup to that seen on the Xbox 360 and PS3 platforms — an initial free download with trial tables, accompanied by a large range available to buy individually or as part of packs.

There'll be plenty of options to choose from, but as many noticed the title was lacking from this week's download updates in both Europe and North America, making the promised appearance this month unlikely bar a special update of its own. No official word was given via a press release or blog post, but Zen Studios has confirmed via Twitter that it now expects the title to be released in January.

A little longer to wait for pinball fans; is this one high on your Wii U eShop wishlists?

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

hurry up... ive got money burning in my eShop account and in need of more games!

mac_hine

mac_hine said:

This will be my first eShop purchase on WiiU!
I already own a bunch of tables on the PS3 version, and I already own the 4 Zen Pinball tables on the 3ds as well as the 4 Marvel tables on 3DS, but that won't stop me from buying tables on the WiiU. At first I'll probably just be buying tables that I don't already own on PS3/3DS and then maybe do some doubling down, or in some cases tripling down... yeah I love Zen Pinball that much...

castlezelda

castlezelda said:

Looking forward to this, had Zen pinball for PS3 and i love pinball more than video games to tell the truth. First system i played was intellivision, then it was N.E.S but then it was pinball, and pinball overruled any video game console known to me after that.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

As much as I love pinball (well, GOOD pinball, anyway) this game will be a no brainer and probably one of the first games I dump cash on DLC. But... no 3DS love for ZP2? :(

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Definitely on my list, but I'm hoping they'll be sensible on the price/package. Given the pricing we're seeing in the eShop thus far, I think having three or four tables included with an initial outlay of £10 or less would be pretty reasonable. Nintendo is clearly not in favour of Apple App Store pricing and I have to agree that doesn't seem like a sensible (or sustainable) pricing structure.

Personally I don't mind DLC for this kind of game, but £.99 and then £2.50 for every additional table is nonsense. I'd like to have a decent selection of tables for my initial outlay of cash. Hopefully Farsight will do the same with the Pinball Arcade which should also hopefully release in January and has already been submitted to Nintendo.

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

Already have on my Vita but will download on Wii U as well and buy different tables then I do on the Vita version.

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

any signs of a 3DS release? I hope so, looks way more epic than the first one. :o

luminalace

luminalace said:

Loved the 2 Zen Pinball games on 3DS. Looking forward to this. I expect to pick up quite a few tables.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Gotta love the way they handle the delay. Just fart out a reply on twitter & youre done! respect!

Kohaku

Kohaku said:

@LEGEND_MARIOID

There are new tables coming to the 3DS as well but no one knows when.

I hope they will manage to release the pinball game next month but it was a disappointment for me that the two titles I was looking forward both were delayed allready, Pinball and Toki Tori.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Pinball Arcade is definitely coming to Wii U, but I think they're having issues getting it to run on 3DS. It's still on their website, but I haven't seen any news about it for awhile.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Gamesake: Then you must not really be a pinball fan in general or you've played some really crummy generic pinball games. Have you played Metroid Pinball(DS), Pinball Hall Of Fame: The Williams Collection(PS3), or Galactic Pinball(VB)? If not, try these and get back to me. They will blow your mind, and change your opinion;)

Sharingan029

Sharingan029 said:

The Plants VS Zombies theme seems really cool. The upgrade for ZEN2 was a good idea so all the tables are in one place now.