Naruto: Powerful Shippuden Confirmed For Western Release

Posted by Andy Green

Naruto and Rock Lee coming to 3DS in March

Fans of the popular anime series Naruto will be pleased to hear that the latest game, Naruto: Powerful Shippunden, released this year in Japan, will be on its way to Europe and North America very soon.

The 3DS title is based on the spin-off series Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals and is a sidescrolling fighter that features two gameplay modes, a story-based campaign and an endless battle mode that will no doubt keep high score junkies coming back for more. Naruto and Rock Lee are both playable characters in the game and have their own individual stories.

Namco Bandai, the game's publisher, has revealed Naruto: Powerful Shippuden will become available in March 2013 in North America; the European release is much more specific: 8th March 2013. A new English trailer has been released alongside the announcement and can be seen below.

Are you looking forward to getting hold of this one? Let us know in the comments below.

[via gematsu.com]

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

I'm a humongo fan of side-scrolling brawlers and there have been a scarce few released since the inception of the DS family. So this game xcites me fo sho, even though I've never been into Nuto. But the whole cross dressin thing seriously disturbs me. I hope that gets cut in the translation to US

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

@shinobi88 Whats the big deal about "cross dressing" chibi SD anime characters and why should they cut something like that ?
If you get offendet by something like that, i guess you have to worry about more serious problems than this.
Although im not a big fan of anime games other than your typical giant character roster brawlers like the ultimate ninja series, but im curious enough to give it a try. Probably only because the people making this game previously made the MegaMan Zero series which i absolutely love.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

That's really surprising. If only we'd get some other Anime games over here. Maybe there's a sliver of hope with the enhanced digital distribution?

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Meh. Let me know when they finally decide to release a One Piece game over here.

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

NOPE until i see a naruto Game on 3ds that looks like ultimate Ninja Storm i will not be pleased what is up with all theses Companys making 2D games For the 3ds Epic mickey power of illusions Really CastleVaina Really Should have Been A 3D game not 2D side Scrolling now this omg.... Wow

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

@SubZer023 Why should everything be a 3D game? Shouldn't there be both 2D and 3D games? There are plenty of 3D games on 3DS like SM3DL, Kingdom hearts, Resident evil mercs and revelations, Kid icarus uprising etc.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

If this has the same comedic element of EARLY naruto (original, not shippuden) and it plays well then I will be giving this game a go.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

I've been when a Naruto game would come for the 3DS for a LONG while now. I guess this "fits the bill." Looks fun

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I like Naruto but I've never seen the Rock Lee spin-off so I'm not sure I'd want this. Seeing Lee in a bikini at the end was kind of creepy though.

Shirma_Akayaku

Shirma_Akayaku said:

And Naruto? Really? I would prefer Project X Zone over Naruto. I've heard the game has received a lot of attention from the western region.

janettocrossing

janettocrossing said:

I love Naruto . My B-Day is in March . There are many other great games. I don't know if I'm getting this :P