XSEED Struggling To Get Unchained Blades Onto The 3DS eShop

Posted by Andy Green

Still hoping for a 2012 release

Expansive dungeon crawler Unchained Blades is a glorious looking RPG filled with unique hand-drawn characters, each one from a different artist. The game has been available in Japan for well over a year now but has only arrived overseas on Sony's PSP, with news on the 3DS eShop release being thin on the ground.

Responding to a question on Facebook asking if there was any chance of the game’s sequel being released outside of Japan, XSEED said it was still struggling to get the original out on 3DS, but seemed hopeful it would happen in December. XSEED went on to say it would think about the sequel once the original makes it onto the North American eShop.

There is still absolutely no word on any European release for Unchained Blades, but with the game being available Stateside we can all remain hopeful.

Would you like to see Unchained Blades finally make it to the 3DS eShop? Let us know in the comments below.

[via facebook.com, gonintendo.com]

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

OMG YES! I've been dying to play this since Nintendo Power first announced it months ago. I hope it doesn't fall through the cracks and makes it to the e-Shop. Or else there will be virtual blood to pay. :/

mattatron

mattatron said:

i was gonna get it when it was supposed to be released, now EO4 is coming plus the wii u. So, it might be awhile before i pick it up

Squashie

Squashie said:

Hmm, not sure if it's my thing yet. I'll have to wait for more information before I decide to pick this up or not...

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

Been waiting and waiting for this!!

On a side note where, where the hell is SE with rocket slime 3, bravely default, Terry's wonderland......wtf!! DQVII better come too, either that or I'm gonna kill

accc

accc said:

I don't want to buy it if it's at $30 (which is what it costs on PSN)... for that price I'd rather it be released at retail.

MikeDanger

MikeDanger said:

Yes I would chip in and buy it (if it's a good game). I'm sorry it's been tough for Xseed to release it.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Yeah I want this as well. Don't care about the price since I know it was released as retail in Japan so the content is there. By the end of the year would be nice.

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

Glad to hear SOMETHING about this game! I've been waiting to hear news on it for months!

Yogsoggoth

Yogsoggoth said:

I feel really bad for everyone that has been waiting for this. I played it on the PSP and it is really bland and uninspired. I played for a few hours and gave up.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

I emailed them a few months back and they said it was due to them preventing game ending bugs... If anyone wants to get info on this game, email them at: comments@xseed.com

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

This is probably a sign you should drop this and bring over Medabots 7, XSeed. :3
I would buy this game though.

Zhanglot

Zhanglot said:

Sounds like a good game. I'd pick it up if it came to NA. I want a good RPG to play!

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@Tech101: To be fair, if it takes that long to be good, then why should anyone have the patience to play them? Old school RPGs didn't need that much time. They started with the BANG!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@LZBirdboi You make a good point but don't forget the audience this is aimed at. In Japan it might not be boring or slow and they realize that its story building. Many in the west didn't give Xenoblade a chance since it took about 10 hours to take off. Also Monster Hunter fell to the same problem but I thought both were excellent games. Two different cultures can break a game for some.

Windy

Windy said:

They Probably can't come to a price agreement on this title. Unchained Blades in the PSN shop is 29.99 and this type of pricing has been trickling into the Eshop. They are probably weighing their options as to if enough people will buy the game at 29.99 for a digital only download. I know there are a ton of people waiting for this game. In this case my own belief is that well they should charge the 29.99. They worked hard on this game and should get the retail price. If the game came out on Cartridge it would cost 39.99 anyway so in a way it seems at 29.99 the price is fair especially if this is a good quality game which it looks to be and has many hours of gameplay. So Bring it on already if its about pricing for myself I don't see an issue. It could also be Nintendo doing their famous Holding back of titles until people foam at the mouth to get it. I bet this game has been done for a year

jgibson75

jgibson75 said:

Everything I've seen on the game so far looks brilliant. I hope it does make it to the 3DS eShop before the end of the year! I'm sold.

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

I was wondering what happened to this game! I had some money saved for in June, and then... Ugh.. Oh well. Least it might come.