Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Dated For North America

Posted by Orla Madden

Plus a nifty pre-order bonus

Atlus has lifted the lid on a release date for Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan; it will be hitting shelves in North America on 26th February 2013, and will also be available as an eShop download.

Those of you that decide to pre-order a retail copy will also be treated to a limited edition art book and music CD. The art book showcases the game’s colourful imagery and will contain an exclusive piece of artwork from Alexandra Douglass, inspired by the game’s fantasy world and various characters. The music CD, titled "Rough Drafts & Outtakes", allows fans of the series to listen to the famed game composer Yuzo Koshiro's early arrangements that were considered for the game but didn't make the final cut.

No word on a European release just yet, but what are your thoughts on this little surprise? Let us know in the comment section below.

DrKarl

DrKarl said:

Excellent news! Retail for me. I like physical artifacts, and these bonuses look great.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Nice pre order bonuses. I didn't expect this to be a download game. I might reconsider my pre order. No on second thought I need those bonuses!

MetalKingShield

MetalKingShield said:

If this is released in Europe in any form, it will be a Day 1 purchase for me. I'd prefer physical, but a download would be fine! Etrian Odyssey is my 2nd-favourite RPG series (Dragon Quest is my favourite).

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

I'll pre-order this game to get the bonus, thanks for the heads up abo......... it has Yuzo Koshiro's early arrangements on it, STREETS OF RAGE, YEAH!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, been playing to much streets of rage lately)

Windy

Windy said:

PRE ORDERED RETAIL! sorry for making such a stink but I want cartridges and would actually by some retail games in the eshop if they would do a 10.00 to 15 dollar discount since you dont get a cartridge and or artwork. I love those things

mattatron

mattatron said:

sounds like the same bonus they had for Code of Princess, good standard to set. Hopefully they will do this, but with more artwork or a full soundtrack with their console releases.
These bonuses on these niche japanese games always remind me of Working Designs

oninowon

oninowon said:

Etrian Oddyssey series takes its inspiration from old school crpgs such as Bard's Tale and Might and Magic. The gameplay is extremely difficult (although the 3rd in the series eased up the difficulty) so much so that you are almost guarenteed at least one party member killed on your first outing. Throughout the game there is a good probability of TPK.

The story starts off slow but once it starts going, you'll be on the edge of your seat.

The artwork has steadily improved but the character art has always been very good anime characters.

One of the things I love most about EO is discovering the synergistic effects of party members. There are enough combinations to suit each player's taste.

Buzzthebatgirl

Buzzthebatgirl said:

Preorder bonuses like this are doing nothing to encourage download copies. Why pay more for less (assuming they cost the same)?