47,096 Perler Beads Made This Awesome Chrono Trigger Artwork

Posted by Damien McFerran

A labour of love

When you love a video game very much there are a number of ways in which you can express that adoration to the world. One is to simply tell anyone that will listen, while another is to create a fan-site or something similar which communicates why it's such a fantastic game.

However, this imgur user decided that he wanted to do something a little grander to display his affection for Squaresoft's seminal SNES RPG Chrono Trigger.

He and his girlfriend created a 44" x 39" piece of artwork from nearly 50,000 Perler beads, fixed to a 7 x 8 panel grid and mounted on foamcore. The process took around 170 hours, but as we're sure you'll agree, the end result was more than worth it.

From the web

Samholy said:

wait...what ?
the guy did that for real ?
it looks absolutely fantastic! you can bet this could sell easy anywhere. the guy sits on a gold mine right there.

what amazes me is that the guy actually found the nearly exact color palette made of plastic beads. there is a lot of tones in there.... where did he supply all of this hahaha

That is just superb! What a talent! There's not a chance I could do something like that, so hats off to him!

SLiM said:

This almost makes me want to go out and buy a bunch of beads to attempt making this

JayceJa said:

looks amazing from afar, but im honestly not a fan of those beads, so i dont like how it looks up close

still, my opinion over those beads aside, many many kudos to him for an outstanding achievement

ogo79 said:

i got my holy diver bead art from my quebec gaming buddy!
that chrono one is hardcore though

Red_Acteur_2 said:

I do some stuff llike this too, but man oh man am I impressed by that ! It reaaly must've been hard to make o_O

CharmingWizard said:

He best frame it behind glass! Can you imagine the dust it could collect? XD It's an inspiring piece of art, I do admit. I'm glad they went for such a large scale piece as well.

Tasuki said:

Wow that is impressive. I have always wanted to learn how to do that stuff with those beads.

SyFyTy said:

Ahhh the Fruits of OCD at it's finest.
Great job.