47,096 Perler Beads Made This Awesome Chrono Trigger Artwork

Posted by Damien McFerran

A labour of love

When you love a video game very much there are a number of ways in which you can express that adoration to the world. One is to simply tell anyone that will listen, while another is to create a fan-site or something similar which communicates why it's such a fantastic game.

However, this imgur user decided that he wanted to do something a little grander to display his affection for Squaresoft's seminal SNES RPG Chrono Trigger.

He and his girlfriend created a 44" x 39" piece of artwork from nearly 50,000 Perler beads, fixed to a 7 x 8 panel grid and mounted on foamcore. The process took around 170 hours, but as we're sure you'll agree, the end result was more than worth it.

[via imgur.com, twitter.com]

Samholy

Samholy said:

wait...what ?
the guy did that for real ?
it looks absolutely fantastic! you can bet this could sell easy anywhere. the guy sits on a gold mine right there.

what amazes me is that the guy actually found the nearly exact color palette made of plastic beads. there is a lot of tones in there.... where did he supply all of this hahaha

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

That is just superb! What a talent! There's not a chance I could do something like that, so hats off to him!

SLiM

SLiM said:

This almost makes me want to go out and buy a bunch of beads to attempt making this :D

JayceJa

JayceJa said:

looks amazing from afar, but im honestly not a fan of those beads, so i dont like how it looks up close

still, my opinion over those beads aside, many many kudos to him for an outstanding achievement

ogo79

ogo79 said:

i got my holy diver bead art from my quebec gaming buddy!
Untitled
that chrono one is hardcore though

Red_Acteur_2

Red_Acteur_2 said:

I do some stuff llike this too, but man oh man am I impressed by that ! It reaaly must've been hard to make o_O

CharmingWizard

CharmingWizard said:

He best frame it behind glass! Can you imagine the dust it could collect? XD It's an inspiring piece of art, I do admit. I'm glad they went for such a large scale piece as well.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow that is impressive. I have always wanted to learn how to do that stuff with those beads.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

Ahhh the Fruits of OCD at it's finest.
Great job.