Hurricane Sandy Forces Isaiah Triforce Johnson To Abandon Queue For Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Mother Nature takes no heed of hardware launch hype

We reported a few days ago that Isaiah Triforce Johnson was already queuing for his Wii U outside the Nintendo World Store in New York City, almost a month before the system was due to be released.

Sadly, Johnson has had to abandon his vigil due to the incoming threat of Hurricane Sandy, which is sweeping across the east coast of the US as we speak.

He tweeted:

Well apparently Nintendo World will close on time today and Rockefeller security has already told me at 6pm to get off the property.

[via twitter.com, gonintendo.com]

Xilef

Xilef said:

That sucks. Hopefully he will still be able to get the first Wii U.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

That's too bad for him. It's sort of crazy to have to wait at one spot for more than two weeks anyway. This storm is going to be a beast.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I would laugh if after the hurricane, someone went and beat him in line.

But I'm sick like that.

Maskeraid

Maskeraid said:

rjejr

rjejr said:

That store is on a corner a block away from the main RC building, I don't see how they could chase him away, the police should have mor i mportant things to do than worry about one guy, though they could probably arrest him for loitering if the ywanted to. Or one of the cops could hand him a 32oz beverage and arrest him for "contributing to obesity" or whatever they're calling that stupid law.
And on a personal note, I'll probably be w/o power for a week or so, enjoy the lack of negativity.

GameLord08

GameLord08 said:

Well, it seems as though Johnson's objectives have just been...

dons sunglasses

...blown away.

nindocrash

nindocrash said:

A Hurricane?... a hurricane is the only thing that's
stopping this guy!? why do we have the same name?...
(my-gosh...)

@Happy_Mask said: "Don't listen to them! Chain yourself to the store and wait it out, it couldn't hurt! >:3"

Don't let it go man, c'mon now!

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I was just at the Nintendo World Store yesterday and saw him sitting in his lawn chair on the sidewalk right out front. This was around 12:30pm. I realized who it was and said hello, shook his hand. He said he was leaving around 6 (like the story says) but that they were going to save his spot for him, as he intended to come back the next day. Hopefully he meant Tuesday, 'cause today is likely to be a crazy dangerous mess down there. Anyway, it was cool to meet him. Also: Triforce was playing what looked like a DSi. Couldn't ID the game. But a buddy was sitting with him, and they seemed in good spirits. End of Report. Be safe, all ye East Coasters!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@LittleIrves: It's cool they're saving his spot for him, i'd hate to see some jerk just jump right to the front of the line due to a natural disaster after he's already been waiting for days. hope everyone makes it through okay up there :(

Redxzero

Redxzero said:

Now this member of the 47% can go back to waiting at the mail box for his check. Come on 1 month of waiting on a console. What about school/job?

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

@LittleIrves That nice of them to do for the same reason TBD said. I wonder if he lives in different borough like Brooklyn or Queens since public commute is going to be a mess after the storm.

iphys

iphys said:

Lol, it takes security telling him to leave, rather than the threat of a potentially deadly hurricane.

timp29

timp29 said:

Would have been awesome if he battled mother nature to get the first WiiU lol.

NintendoCat14

NintendoCat14 said:

FRICK.

If that zebraing hurricane continues to ruin everything I will get into my parent's car and drive right into the hurricane and give it a stern talking-to. >.<

Syntax

Syntax said:

I'm in the middle of the super storm which it is called now and it is not a pretty site with the flickering lights, winds blowing hard on my neighbors Windows and, firetrucks running by. Be safe people from East Coast :-(
edit: The winds are pushing so hard that the apartment building where i am is shaking a bit!

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

@syntax i'm right there with you. It's been really bad so far and i too have the flickering lights and hearing the wind smack my windows means i wont get any sleep tonight....(typing all of this from the Bronx, NY.)

Syntax

Syntax said:

I'm typing this because I just got power from an artificial blackout due to a transformer fire across the street! This is from 45st union city NJ

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I wouldnt be surprised if the store saves his spot when its safe for him to come back.

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

@Redxzero Ouch, politics.

Anyways, quick facts if you weren't so keen on doing the research, he's the CEO of Empire Arcadia, a group of pro gamers.

They go to tournaments, and they compete. Also, he holds a few world record high scores in some games like Super Mario Bros.