Don't Worry Europe, You'll Be Getting NightSky Soon

Posted by Martin Watts

November to be exact

To everyone's surprise, Nicalis announced over Twitter earlier today that NightSky will be coming to the EU eShop 'sometime in November'.

The indie developer revealed that the game has already been approved by Nintendo of Europe. The game releases stateside this coming Thursday (25th October).

The full tweet reads:

Hey EU, NightSky has been approved by NOE for release sometime in November. Excited?

NightSky is a 2D physics-based puzzle platformer in which the player is tasked with navigating a glowing sphere through 10 challenging worlds. The game was originally announced for WiiWare back in 2009, but Nicalis eventually confirmed last year that it would in fact release on the 3DS eShop.

An exact release date for Europe has yet to be announced. In the meantime, why not check out our glowing North American NightSky review?

[via twitter.com]

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

This is great news, I'm so pleased it's not dragging as with the Euro release of Cave Story.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

That's cool, but I'd really like to hear about the EU release of Cave Story+.
More so when we never even got the DSiWare version, ya know?

Still! This looks very interesting, something to definitely look out for.

Stine

Stine said:

Wow, I honestly didn't expect to see this until 2014 or something.

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

That's great to hear!
But that's actually Nicalis (language) for "It's coming out in 2334!"

moomoo

moomoo said:

Good for you Europeans. Instead of getting it in 2022, you get it in 2021. :p

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'll believe it when I see it :P Plus I don't know whether I even want to give my money to Nicalis after the way they treated La-Mulana & Cave Story. (Shakes fist)

Windy

Windy said:

I just looked through some software on my android tablet and came a across a game I downloaded on my system about a year ago called Shadow Cave. It seems real similar to this but I bet it doesn't run adware everytime you beat a room.

Anarki

Anarki said:

For those of you wondering about Cave Story, I'm sure this will be a good news

atariman

atariman said:

maybe NightSky is over rated. it got a 6/10 on Nintendo report.com. so this game must be crapy. if I'm wrong then please reply.