Charizard 3DS XL Blasting Its Way To Japan

Posted by Orla Madden

A thing of beauty

The Pokémon Company released a special Pikachu themed 3DS XL last month in Japan; now it has another similar Pokémon-themed 3DS XL coming soon, this one featuring Charizard. You're going to need a Masterball to catch this one, as it won't be so easy to obtain.

Between 3rd November and 26th November, at Pokémon Center shops across Japan, reservations will be decided through a lottery. The very lucky people who win will get to buy the gorgeous Charizard 3DS XL for 18,900 Yen between December 15th and January 14th. A lottery to win the right to buy a system may sound strange, but we can be pretty sure that it'll be hugely popular.

We can't see this coming to the West, but one can dream, right?

[via siliconera.com]

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

I feel like a kid already when I'm playing my 3DS while getting to my university, This will only make it worse. I really hope Nintendo will try to reach their more mature audience with special editions once in a while..

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

I want a 3DS from Japan so badly and this looks to be the perfect one! Too bad I don't live there.

nindocrash

nindocrash said:

It's only surprising that they haven't shlaped Mario themes on a 3DS yet... well at least i don't think they have.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

That's pretty awesome. It seems kind of random though. Or could this be a sign that they're finally going to release Pokemon Red/Blue on the eshop?

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

Oh come Nintendo, you KNOW that this will sell in the West, and you need to increase 3DS sales in the West, so this should be a no-brainer. But knowing them, we'll never see this in Europe...

TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25 said:

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT !

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@nindocrash If you're talking about about the 3DS in general and not just the XL (you didn't specify) then Ninty has already made three Mario-themed special edition 3DS's.

Xilef

Xilef said:

Wasn't going to buy a 3DS if this makes it to Europe if might have no choice...

nindocrash

nindocrash said:

I'd like it if thees themes, were also skins, so they wouldn't be so hard to collect.

Late

Late said:

I'd upgrade to 3DS XL if we'd get this. My old 3DS works fine but that thing is awesome!

Phle

Phle said:

Amazing. I would love one. Maybe Nintendo understands my love for Charizard after all...

Vehemont

Vehemont said:

Very Nice.... I have to sigh though at the rarity of these, and the outrageous prices people will sell them for on ebay.........

Hokori

Hokori said:

I wish I could import a Japanese 3DS and play all my DL titles from USA on it via system transfer