You Can Dress Up As Zelda and Fox McCloud In Tekken Tag 2 Wii U Edition

Posted by Damien McFerran

More Nintendo costumes confirmed for Namco Bandai brawler

We already know about the super-strange Mario and Luigi costumes in Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition, but recent details in Japanese magazine Famitsu suggest that more Nintendo fan-service is on the cards.

As well as the famous Mario Brothers, you'll be able to dress up as Princess Zelda, Zero Suit Samus and Fox McCloud, as well as many others. These special outfits appear to be limited to certain characters.

Here's the list:

• Mario: Heihachi
  • Luigi: Marshall Law
  • Zero Suit Samus: Anna
  • Fox: Hwoarang
  • Bowser: Ganryu
  • Ganondorf: Armor King
  • Link: Kazuya
  • Zelda: Nina

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

Xilef

Xilef said:

Pretty sure two or more characters can wear the same costume. Look at the trailer again.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

It looks absolutely ridiculous, but it is nice to see Nintendo lending their IP to other developers. :)

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

The Nintendo costumes are pretty cool. Anna looked good in the Zero Suit. :). Playing the game a lot on 360 and I spend a lot of time on Ghost Battle mode to earn money to buy more costumes and such. I need to play more online matches though.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Hahaha. My favourite video games company, Nintendo, comes crashing into my favourite fighter, Tekken. I love it.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I don't know if these costumes are exclusive to certain characters or not, but that's really funny that they did this. I'd get this game just for the laughs.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Genius. I don't think we've ever owned a Tekken game. All the Soul Caliburs, a few DOAs, and pretty much everything in cartoon 2D, but no Tekken or Virtua Figther. Guess that will change now.

BTW Ganyru could be a young Master Roshi. He's the Turtle Hermit FYI.

Samholy

Samholy said:

mario looks hilarious
the most baddonkey ''official'' mario interpretation. (i dont count deviantart crazies in there)

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Have Namco develop the new Smash Bros. and look what they've done! They made the characters TOO real! Just kidding, really can't wait to get this game!

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

This looks awful to me. Tekken characters will no longer look mean, like they are suppose to.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Heh. It's kind of funny seeing someone like Heihachi dressed like Mario. I'm surprised they didn't add no Peach or Daisy costumes out there for Nina. She looks better as Zelda or Samus ANY DAY of the week. ;)

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Hmm, I wonder if this is because Namco-Bandai has been helping with the development of Smash Bros... Uh, duh!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I just saw the new costumes trailer and it was hilarious. I'm still not getting this though as I'm not into the Tekken series.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Cool, this may change my mind on not getting this. All depends on what sales they have when the Wii U comes out.

@CEOJumpMad Captain Falcon costume should have made the cut. Who doesn't love him.

8-peacock-8

8-peacock-8 said:

Multiple characters can wear these costumes.

You see Alex wearing the Bowser suit.
Bob wearing the Mario costume.
And another girl wearing the Zelda dress.

Grodus

Grodus said:

@CEOJumpMad NICE!
Anyway, that's really cool. I'm glad Nintnedo not behind the car with a guun yelling, "DONT TAKE MY IP'S!!!!" and shooting at police force. Then agian, Nintendo DOES have the money to buy the police.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

This is a great idea. It adds comedy to the game and makes the Wii U version all the more interesting. Hopefully they haven't shown all of the costumes, as I would like to have more of them and I would like to be surprised.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

@Trainer_DJ well tekken 3D was on the 3DS, and it got mixed responses. yet this game looks like it will be a whole lot better by comparison.