Project X Zone Could See A Western Release Yet

Posted by Damien McFerran

Tekken boss is pushing for localisation

We're all painfully aware that Project X Zone is looking pretty sweet right now. It's always been an outside bet for release outside of Japan though; the fact that its prequel Namco × Capcom never got released in the West doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

However, the chances of the game making it to these shores have risen a little, thanks to the efforts of Tekken supremo Katsuhiro Harada. He tweeted:

I proposed localization of Project X Zone.

After the predictable flood of positive tweets from his followers, he cautiously added:

Not decided yet, but It will be realized if I continue proposing.

Given Harada-San's stature within Namco Bandai, it's definitely a positive thing that he's pushing for a worldwide release. Nothing is certain yet, but this is a good start.

Project X Zone is due for release in Japan on 11th October.

[via twitter.com]

Jamouse

Jamouse said:

I wish there was something us gamers could do to help get this localized.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I'd definetly get this if it got a Pal release, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

I can see it now, [tomorrow]: no project x zone for the west!
....................
It looks alright but wouldn't know if I would get it or not.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Yeah, I read the tweets myself as I follow the guy on twitter. Good news there's at least some motivation to get it outside Japan. However, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be released in EU.

Jamouse

Jamouse said:

I just found a petition online for the localisation of Project X zone. Unfortunately, only 23 people have signed it -____-

Emaan

Emaan said:

Hopefully it gets out of Japan, it looks too awesome to stay only there. I still wish they would change the name though. :O

Hachiko

Hachiko said:

Come on baby lets go! I want this game so bad! I want make a tag team with Megaman, Soma, Yuri so badly!

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

Just you watch next month! Capcom: "We've made the decision to remove Mega Man from this game..."

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

Seriously, Thanks Harada. I'm hoping it comes this way. You got my money, day one.