New Super Mario Bros. 2 Sparks Coin Rush!

Posted by Anthony Dickens

There be gold in them hills!

It's not long until New Super Mario Bros. 2 hits both the digital and retail stores, out on Friday (Aug 17th) Mario's latest adventure is set to be coin-crazy.

To celebrate Mario's love for coins Nintendo UK has unveiled "Coin Rush", a competition where, just like in New Super Mario Bros. 2, it’s up to you to collect as many Coins as you can. In return for Coins, there are some amazing prizes up for grabs.

"To get started, all you need to do is visit the Nintendo 3DS UK Facebook page and commence your hunt. It'll be raining coins and prizes, so keep your eyes glued to the Nintendo UK Facebook and Twitter pages so you don't miss Golden Tweets and the locations of the all-important coin codes. The ultimate winner of Coin Rush will receive a Nintendo 3DS XL console and every Nintendo 3DS first-party title released for a year. In addition there are more Nintendo 3DS XL consoles, Limited Edition Nintendo GameCube Mario Controllers and many more exclusive goodies to claim, so get collecting now!"

Look high, look low and most importantly listen to the clues from Nintendo UK and you could be in with a chance. In the meantime why not watch this teaser trailer and pay attention!

For more information check the official UK Super Mario Hub and follow @NintendoUK on Twitter for all the latest official news from Nintendo.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

You British have been having plenty of contests lately. A 3DS XL and a year's-worth of Nintendo 3DS games sounds cool, and that GCN controller is really unexpected. I guess this explains why there's the Wario World boxart here.

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

We feel your pain, perhaps direct your anger at Reggie and he will make it happen!

Squashie

Squashie said:

I'm going straight for that Limited Edition Mario Controller! Although, it would be great to get the 3DS XL and games!

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

Yeah, that Wario image brought a tear to my eye. I really did hold out for a little bit that he'd be a secret final boss.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Isn't the choice of limited edition Gamecube Controllers a little unusual?
The Wii models being manufactured now no longer support them, after all.

Medicham

Medicham said:

How many times do I hafta say this? New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a bad game!! It's fustrating and silly. I mean collecting a million coins SHOULD give the gamer an excellent reward but Nintendo gives the gamer something entirely different... I strongly suggest that you don't buy this game. Instead go ahead and buy Resident Evil: Revelations or heck even Mario Tennis. Just ANYTHING except this game. I wasn't impressed by it at all. Nintendo should focus on Super Mario 3D 2!!! So yeah, I said my speech. I'm sorry to those who mite find what I said kinda mean but its true. Give yourself 3 hours with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and you'll stop liking it too.

Squashie

Squashie said:

According to Nintendo Gamer, there is a code on Nintendo Life somewhere! Where be that then?

dirtyplastic

dirtyplastic said:

Game cube controller ....... they must have just found a long forgotten stash some where in a nintendo cupboard

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

@antdickens Would you be able to remove Medicham's comment? From what I can tell, it has no relation to the article and seems like it's borderline flame bait as well.

I kind of wish NoA had more contests. I feel left out. Speaking of coin rush, has Nintendo released a price for the DLC levels?

Heatran5400

Heatran5400 said:

Since I am an American, it won't even let me to the facebook page. This should come to America by tommorrow, I hope so.

MARlO

MARlO said:

@antdickens Are you talking about the thumbnail on the YouTube video? Surely not, since that is YouTube, and not Nintendo Life...

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

@Brianm98 as this is a story related to Nintendo UK, so that is the UK/Europe release date. You can see the dates for different regions on the side of the page: 19th Aug 2012 (USA), 17th Aug 2012 (UK/EU), 28th Jul 2012 (JPN)!

Emmons33