The Last Story Hits North America on 14th August

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Operation Rainfall yet to claim release date responsibility

We've known for a good while that The Last Story will arrive in North America this summer, and publisher XSeed has finally confirmed the details to IGN. The date for your diaries is 14th August, and there are a number of goodies awaiting eager buyers.

It's been confirmed that all pre-orders with Amazon.com, EB Games Canada and GameStop will receive a soundtrack CD with seven tracks, a worthwhile bonus based on our experience with the title. Interestingly, XSeed has also stated that all 'launch copies' will be the limited edition, which features an art book and exclusive packaging; the recommended retail (MSRP) price for these copies will be $49.99.

It seems like the publisher is going out of its way to tempt Wii owners to have a last RPG-hurrah on the little white box; we gave our thoughts and recommendation on the European release in our The Last Story review.

[via uk.ign.com]

RoboConker

RoboConker said:

I hope they add the Metal case like the PAL version. Don't know if i should buy the NA or PAL limited edition....

Squid

Squid said:

"...a last RPG-hurrah on the little white box..."

Is that why it's called The Last Story?

JohnDoe123

JohnDoe123 said:

7 tracks is a strange decision. Why wouldn't they just include the entire soundtrack?
As much as I would like it, I can't spend $50 on this. I hope this is easier to find than Xenoblade in a few months.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

sweet, good thing i pre ordered this game about a couple months ago, im looking forward to playing

TimboBaggins

TimboBaggins said:

hahahaha I made a post about this on the website 17 hours before the editors. This time, consider yourselves officially called out, bwa hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! I want my nintendolife medal, James, where's my medal?!?! Here's a link in case you missed it:
Unfortunately, Gamestop told me the date was pushed from July 10th to August 1st, I'm very sad to find out its actually August 14th :(

TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy said:

Why the hell is it being released on the same day as Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs?! Now it's going to have to go head to head with them for sales, which could big a big problem. Godammit XSeed! Why the hell couldn't they have released it this month, when no other big games were coming out! I feel bad for bashing them like this, especially when they are now giving us the soundtrack too, but this is just plain stupid! The game was already translated and had English/Spanish/French voice acting! I know XSeed is a very small company, but come on! The hard parts of the localization job were already done by Nintendo of Europe. Why the hell is it going to take them till August?! A July release would have been perfect, especially this week, because it would have been a couple weeks before the release of Kingdom Hearts 3D. I appreciate XSeed for going above and beyond by including these great bonus items with The Last Story, but I can't help but be frustrated with them for leaving us hanging for so long, and then not having it ready until after the window of opportunity has closed, which shouldn't be the case because NOE did the heavy lifting for them. Sorry for complaining everybody, especially given the fact that it is about good news. It's just frustrating for me to watch things get botched and mismanaged.

Hokori

Hokori said:

Hope this out sells the other games coming out in aug, this one is the best game coming that month

Sonic_tails1

Sonic_tails1 said:

Figures it would come 6 days before my college semester starts. Good thing the first few weeks are easy.

motang

motang said:

I did a pre-order on this the second it was announced, can't wait to play it!

scrubbyscum999

scrubbyscum999 said:

I had this fully pre-ordered forever now. I am still playing Xenoblade but will definitely have beaten it by the launch date for Last Story. I am glad they are giving us a bunch of goodies, I always keep stuff like that.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

Ughhh... I'm low on cash getting, Tales of Symphonia and NPC Pikmin 2 soon, and want the special edition of this. TAKE MY WALLET!

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Very cool. My gaming time is tied up with bunch of stuff for July, but I should have finished most, or all, of it by the time The Last Story comes out.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Can't wait, this will likely be the last Wii game I buy but at least from everything I've read about the game it'll be a nice send off for the machine.

TimboBaggins

TimboBaggins said:

Awwwww, nintendolife, don't be a bad sport just because I beat you to an article! I take it as a personal compliment that you actually cared enough to remove my forum post, lol. Don't feel bad, overall this website does a good job, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings :(