July's Club Nintendo Rewards are Up

Posted by James Newton

Rec-rec and tennis

While we don't know what the Platinum reward is for Club Nintendo members, we do know what games you can spend your Coins on in the coming weeks.

Wii Virtual Console

Mario Tennis (Nintendo 64) — 150 Coins. Available until 22nd July. Read our Mario Tennis review to see if it's worth the coins.

DSiWare

Electroplankton: Rec-Rec (download only compatible with 3DS) — 100 Coins. Available until 15th July. Worth the moolah? Find out in our Electroplankton: Rec-Rec review.

Make your choices now. Or save your coins, that's an option too.

[via club.nintendo.com]

Related Games

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

A little disappointing honestly, but whatever. Mario Tennis is amazing but I already have many versions of it.

wenywoo

wenywoo said:

Ahh very disappointing! It's not on our club nintendo, they have much better things than us! :-(

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

Everyone should get Electroplankton: Rec-Rec
Its the best deal Club Nintendo ever gave us! Its worth the 100 coins

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

So far, there has been nothing I wanted like Majora's Mask, Super Mario Kart, Mario Party 2, Xevious, Urban Champion, or Fluidity. No offense, Nintendo, but after releasing Majora's Mask and Super Mario Kart, you have to put more incredible games out to get me to get more.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I already have Mario Tennis, and I'm not interested in Electroplankton. At least we probably won't have to wait a whole month for new offers this time.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

July's Japan Wii VC list hasn't been put up yet. Its a nice one. :)

Anyway, I kinda want Electroplankton

hydeks

hydeks said:

@LordJumpMad Electroplankton rec-rec costs $2, and they want 100 coins. Mario Tennis is $10 and they want 150 coins. Mario Tennis is the better deal, BUT electroplankton rec-rec is worth a purchase, but just spend the $2 lol

Yup, completely upset and pissed so far that Nintendo hasn't announced the Club Nintendo elite rewards, cause this time last year we already knew. What's taking them so long? It's not like there not staring at the Gold and Platinum rewards that are in there offices already :P

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

@BulbasaurusRex Yeah, that's what's kind of intriguing. They must have something planned for mid-month. With it being "8-bit Summer" as of yesterday, I can't help but be a little excited about what that weird mid-month expiration date might mean.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Dang, I was going to get Kirby at the zenith hour last month - but then I lost power due to a derecho. (I already own the Mario Tennis cartridge and no DSiWare game is worth my coins - sorry Nintendo).

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

Gonna skip on these, sorry Nintendo.
Also, has any one else reached Gold or Platinum status for the new year yet?
I'm gold, and almost at Platinum. :D

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I never played mario tennis until I got my 3ds. :) I like the 3ds version & never played the other version's so decided to try the n64 version on the wii thank's to my club nintendo coin's. :)

I love getting game's each month from club nintendo for a few coin's each month I hope they decide to continue doing this with giving us games via our club nintendo account. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Rec-Rec is a steal. The better you can do is pay the 2 dls and keep your 100 coins for another game (DK cost 100 coins and it is 5 dls, is more fair).

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Will probably grab Mario Tennis for a nostalgia shot, at least then it won't have my ridiculously overpowered GBC character carried over. That guy was just unfair.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Had a ton of fun with Mario Tennis, but never bought it back then. Always hoped the new versions would be just as good, but they haven't lived up. So, 150 points is a steal. :) Really been loving the selection of games at Club Nintendo. Got way more out of it so far than I ever expected. Fluidity is a big highlight.

There is an "Elite Gift announcement coming soon, Stay tuned!" graphic on the page. Not sure how long it has been there. We're at platinum and have never been up to gold before, so I'm very curious. :)

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

I downloaded Mario Tennis, I remember renting it a few times, so I'm looking forward to playing it again!

PikanRikan

PikanRikan said:

@kyuubikid213 Agreed...getting Majora's Mask for free is what made me sign up for Club Nintendo in the first place. I've been piling up my coins waiting for another incredible release like that. :-(

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Anyone complaining about the selection of basically free games Nintendo is putting out.... just stop. Please.
I've only played Mario Tennis on Virtual Boy (weird, I know), so I might plunk down my coins for this one. Am really hoping they put out the GBC version on eShop, though.
And anyone who hasn't tried Electroplankton... buy the DSiWare now! I suggest Beatnes, Hanenbow, and Sun-Animalcule. Rec-rec is cool too, I guess. But save your coins and spend the 2 bucks.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I'll probably pick up Mario Tennis. I never played the N64 version before and for only 150 coins that is too good to pass up.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I will be skipping these, but you won't hear me complaining about them.

So am I allowed to complain for not having the Platinum reward announced yet? We all know it will be Mario related, but what is it?

SMW

SMW said:

I may go for Mario Tennis considering its $13 on Amazon. Free is better than $13!

As for Electroplankton, I already have the original DS cartridge. I still don't get why Nintendo sold each part seperately on the eShop. It can't be that big of a game, can it?

Thewizard36

Thewizard36 said:

Can anybody tell me if I should get any of these are worth getting, or should I wait for the next games?

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Can somebody please explain why Nintendo hasn't announced this year's platinum rewards yet? I'm quadruple platinum now, and every year so far the reward has been announced on July 1st. At first, I thought they would announce on Monday since Sunday is considered weekend, but July 4th has come and gone and still no luck yet.