Xenoblade Chronicles Team Recruiting for 3DS Game

Posted by James Newton

Is that a Monolith in your pocket or..?

Xenoblade Chronicles developer Monolith Soft is recruiting for an unannounced 3DS project.

The Japanese developer has several positions available, including motion designers, 3D CG designers and motion designers. The title doesn't have a name, but considering the jobs specifically mention monsters, maps and battle scenes — and considering Monolith Soft's past — we reckon it just might be an RPG.

Last year Monolith Soft revealed it's working on a Wii U game too.

Watch this space for more on both.

[via andriasang.com]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'd love a portable Xenoblade, if possible (a sequel on Wii U would be insta-buy too). Otherwise please continue to make new epic & awesome RPGs Monolith :D

RedBlueSpot

RedBlueSpot said:

YES!!! Xenoblade is one of the best games ever. So I hope they make a similar game for the 3DS or WiiU. The awesome 80h it took to beat it was well spended.

iPruch

iPruch said:

This can only conclude in something as epic as Xenoblade Chonicles and Baten Kaitos, or even more. It'll be nice to see such a good RPG as the previously mentioned on a portable console (and with stereoscopic 3D!). Imagine something similar on Wii U, with HD graphics and a who-knows-what-function for the Wii U controller. I'd really love to see more games inspired in the world of Xenoblade Chronicles ^_^

Monolith Soft has become, at least for me, the best RPG developer out there after the "death" of Squaresoft & Enix (actually they're not, but their "magic touch"). I hope they won't finish as Square-Enix.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

monolith soft are what squaresoft and enix were during the 90s. and fingers crossed, they won't go the same way as that company.

but yes, this is intriguing. a sequel to the fantastic xenoblade just wouldn't go amiss.

ejamer

ejamer said:

After Xenoblade, I'd buy whatever Monolith puts out next - doesn't matter if it's a sequel or something original, an RPG or something totally different. They've earned enough good will that I'd make the purchase blind.

Samholy

Samholy said:

xenoblade looks hot. too bad i dont own a wii.
i will keep checking for their 3ds project. very promising

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I hope it's for a handheld Baten Kaitos RPG, last I remember when the DS was still around, Nintendo announced that a Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos game would appear on the handheld. Xenosaga was released (only in Japan) but not Baten Kaitos. Hopefully this is that game and hopefully it won't just stay in Japan.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Waiting for a 3DS RPG that does 3D right like Metal Gear Solid 3. Other 3D 3DS ports seem kinds 1/2 donkeyed after that.

As will all Japanese RPGs, I will hope it has Japanese voice option, but I don't expect it, as it's Nintendo.