Flame Red 3DS Leads Charge in New Video

Posted by James Newton

Reggie appears too

The FlameRed 3DS is under a month away, and Nintendo is keen to use tomorrow's price cut and the new colour to inject some life into the handheld's sales. In case you were in any doubt about this, here's a video showing the console's new, redder shade; in fact, Reggie Fils-Aime has a new, redder shade of his own, looking even more tanned than usual.

Talking heads from Ubisoft and Toys 'R' Us also pop up to lend their continued support to the system.

Don't forget if you already have a Nintendo 3DS you must use it to connect to the eShop before 11:59pm Eastern time today to enter the Ambassador program. For more information check our 3DS Ambassador program and free eShop games FAQ.

Kit

Kit said:

Erm, but why no Flame Red 3DS in the UK and Europe? Huh?!!!

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

For once, the game footage actually looks both vibrant and smooth. I've seen far too many Nintendo commercials or presentations where 3DS or DS games are not smoothed out for the larger view and end up looking horribly pixellated.

mumoftwokids

mumoftwokids said:

i really want the flame red one but no stores in canada even have it for preorder, only the American ones do. Mario Kart 7 looks like it`s going to be an awesome game. But if I wait to the flame red i won`t be able to get the 20 free games

pntjr

pntjr said:

I thought aqua blue was better, but now I might change my mind... Hmm...

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Did Reggie get Botox? He's looking a little younger, or at least has been radically kissed by the sun. :p

Anyways, not caring for the Flame Red Color, as Aqua blue looks a trillion times better. ;) But seriously why all of the focus on Mario? Kid Icarus needs some lovin!

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I was gonna pick up a black 3DS tomorrow, so I'm not really interested in the Flame Red color. But both the titles mentioned are definitely must-buys for me :)

Burn

Burn said:

Everything I want? Just because there's two Mario titles coming out this year?!

...Yeah, you're right Reggie.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

What happened to the Reggie we all knew and loved? Maybe his body was ready for a change.

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

Was that kid at the end of the video even looking at the top screen? It seems like they tilted it up so we could get a better look at the shininess of the Flame Red DS . . .

ianmage1

ianmage1 said:

The way the kid is holding the 3DS @0:54 is not right, unless he has the 3D off. :P

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

I both have and prefer the Aqua Blue 3DS but I hope this makes it to Europe before my little brothers birthday on Oct. 14th, since it is still a really cool colour. I also hope they release a purple one soon.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Should've waited for the red one. Now I'm forever stuck with the fugly blue model.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i just wondering if the flame red comes with the eshop already on it or if you still have to update it.

@ Rockmirth
You can buy the red one at a later date and transfer the ambassador games onto it.

Nintendude92

Nintendude92 said:

Don't botch this one up too, Nintendo. There's still a software drought and Mario can't come soon enough.