Wii U Controller Gave Suda51 Ideas for No More Heroes 3

Posted by Trevor Chan

Of course, he's very secretive about them

It's not the first time that Grasshopper Manufacture CEO Goichi Suda (Suda51) has spoken about the possibility of developing a No More Heroes 3, but at E3 2011, the video game designer confirmed that the third instalment in the No More Heroes series is indeed coming to Wii U.

Speaking to Destructoid, Suda51 threw some ideas around that were conceived the moment he tried the Wii U controller at the expo. Speaking through a translator, he said:

When I was at the Nintendo booth yesterday and today, I had the chance to take the Wii U into my own hands and as soon as I grabbed it, things started scrolling in my head, and... I don't know if it's going to be, like, one male character... it seems like maybe there's a possibility that I could come up with some ideas, so... I'll leave it at that for now, but, we'll see what happens. Of course, I can't reveal who that guy is in my head.

In a previous interview with 1UP, Suda51 clarified that the story for Travis Touchdown was finished and that he wanted to explore new ideas and characters:

I want to continue the No More Heroes series, but I've finished the story for Travis. It's completely finished in No More Heroes 2. So I want to think of a different story — a different character, or something like that within the series — starting on the next Nintendo platform.

[via destructoid.com]

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Hey, 360! After the Wii U comes out, when you see the PS3 in hell, tell it, it's still a @#$%^&!

I love No More Heroes. =P

GEOFF

GEOFF said:

The story of travis has to continue, he's a hero and role model for children all over the world.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I look forward to seeing what the next one will be like, the first two were awesome! Why is Travis' story finished? When he said that "Santa destroy needs us" at the end of NMH2, I thought that was leading up to the next game in the series.

IanUniacke

IanUniacke said:

So glad to hear one of the old favourites will be back. This is great news for Wii U.

Edwrd

Edwrd said:

Nintendo really should send a dev kit his way, NMH are among the best games on Wii.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

My favourite game developer outside of Nintendo.

EDIT: I just looked at my avatar and.... OKAMI WII-U HAS TO HAPPEN SO MUCH, amirite?

koops330

koops330 said:

Woooo this is great news. I loved NMH 1 & 2 can't wait to see what he comes up with for the third go suda51

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

YEEEEEEAAAAASSSSHHHHHH!

Suda 51. System seller. (I was likely not going to get a Wii U until this announcement).

Even if it's just Sylvia having video calls before bosses, as Shinobu and Mr. Sir Henry take down the UAA on Travis' behalf, it'll still be awesome.

New-New-Destroyman and Dr. Mrs. Letz Shake, please.

DangerousDreams

DangerousDreams said:

Oh Yeah! Suda take chances, be creative, believe in your ideas, and go with your gut. No More Heroes 3... Wii U... touchdown!

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I'm with wanderlustwarrior - I wasn't really keen on this box, but a new No More Heroes game has a good chance of changing my mind...

erv

erv said:

OOOOHH YEAH!

Female character screen to look down her boobs at any time. haha!

But seriously, more travis touchdown please. Bring on the sex gore and badassery!

hydeks

hydeks said:

YES! This was the one game I really really was hoping suda51 would announce. I love his games and I love his commitment to Nintendo consoles!!!