Two Beautiful Minutes of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Footage

Posted by James Newton

Sit back and relax

We know you're excited about Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, from its newly remastered graphics to the inclusion of Master Quest mode, but if you can put your delirious jigging on hold for a little while — 2:23 to be precise — you can watch this Japanese video of the game.

The video runs like an Ocarina "best bits" compilation, with puzzles, bosses, side quests, swordfighting and jumping off ledges while holding onto Cuccoos.

We played the game last week, so don't forget to read our Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D preview.

Enjoy the next 2:23.

thebluelight1

thebluelight1 said:

it's looking good, can't wait to kill a long train journey with this...provided I have access to an electrical socket.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

saw it a while back in the forums.

I really like how everything looks pretty much the same but still looks so beautiful.

I will totally need to buy TloZ: LA to survive the wait.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

@11

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing. The great fairies are just about the most horrible polygonal human forms I've ever seen, and even with all the cleanup of other characters they neglected to fix these abominations.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

I see that the Great Fairy still looks scary as ever...lol.

Is the music remaining the same? As in, the original...or will it be remade as well? Just wondering...

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

omg nostalgia :'(
I'm tempted to buy this game again, but I already have it on VC. What do I do...

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Don't know why people complain about this being a remake when it looks this good.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

I'm not a big fan of remakes or ports really...but they somehow manage to make me fall for this one...Before I was like "I'm not wasting my money on this.", but every time I decide to play Ocarina of Time on the VC (or Majora's Mask, even...) I keep thinking about how it will look in 3D...ugh, I can't fight it...then they announce Boss Rush, gah! I'm buying it. xD

NSBlueLighing

NSBlueLighing said:

Miss a sale here, im not a die hard zelda fan but its just a remake so i dont care for it. Have fun people who play it, dont forget to play the original N64 game :)

CerealKiller062

CerealKiller062 said:

Higher poly count, High-res textures, remade audio, and Master Quest do make for an interesting package. And again... am I the only one who hasn't forgotten Skyward Sword?

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

If I get a points card soon, I'm gonna get the VC ver., as well as Mega Man X. Those fairys from Ocarina always remind me of Poison Ivy, sorta. They're still freakish too. :P

castor

castor said:

Everything is fine until... the goddamn ugly Great Fairy. I just thought they would be hot this time lol

Gressil

Gressil said:

This has gone unsaid for too long! They changed the mirror shield! Pretty sure it's because of legal or other legit reasons, still... makes me sad. the great fairies' eyebrows are what got me. fuzzy as the devil

Henmii

Henmii said:

Nice trailer with nice music. As for the image to the upper right: Look out for Jaws, Link!

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

@Gressil: They changed that shield years ago.

... Though i liked the Star and crescent design better, i think they did it for political/religious reasons.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yeah, you are right. Same with the fire temple chant. I also prefer the star and crescent.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

@LordJumpMad: Ah, ah, ah, we do it right around here. ;)

Untitled

In other words I share your sentiments, lol.

...so THAT'S how you do images... kekekeke... gonna have fun with this now. XD

OrdonianLink

OrdonianLink said:

It had me smiling through the whole thing, Im soooo glad they kept it all the same with the sound effects and graphics (they look nicer, but still N64 styled)... not like those other remakes, diddy kong racing ds anyone? Taj does not sound like some guy whispering a bit, he sounds jamacian

Traxx

Traxx said:

Whats wrong with ur video integration, NL? its all slide show and slow on my side of things; on youtube its perfectly smooth.

And I still do think most of the level textures and details look damn ugly. Thats not how u do remakes today.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Guess no matter how amazingly beautiful something looks, there will always be people with differing opinions...