Feast Your Eyes on Zelda: Ocarina of Time Artwork

Posted by James Newton

Link's never looked better

As you'll have read in our Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D preview, Link's rarely looked better than in his next appearance. It's not just the 3DS's advanced graphics technology making the game look so good, though: it all goes back to the original artwork, as Nintendo has released a series of images showing how Link's adventure was envisioned.

The Principle Players

Untitled

The Great Deku Tree

Untitled

Fight to the Death

Untitled

Link Takes on Volvagia

Untitled

The Age-Old Battle Continues

Untitled

Blaze

Blaze said:

Hmmmmm, it semms a bit too cartoony, but nice, very nice.......

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Some of these pics I've seen before...like the first one and the last one.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I've got "The Principal Characters" on my wall in poster form! I've also seen pretty much all of these pictures through the years somewhere or other. It really is important to remember the aesthetic design of a game...something Nintendo excels at.

edcomics

edcomics said:

Yeah, this is the same promotional artwork from the original release. I had a poster of the Link/Sheik battle scene. The opposite side had individual character art. It would be nice to see a little something new, but I guess it's not necessary.

Link79

Link79 said:

I have a poster on my wall of that third picture just below the Deku Tree! I got it out of an old Nintendo Power magazine from when the game first came out. I stood in line at the store in the rain to be one of the first to own a copy.

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

That's BEYOND beautiful people. I love that artwork. Seriously we need a Legend of Zelda television series.

Harrison_Peter

Harrison_Peter said:

@TokyoRed... PLEASE, NO! They've tried to do a Zelda tevevision series before. It is the worst thing I've ever seen. What they should do is make more games, we've seen that Zelda works really well as a game, so let's keep getting Zelda games!

"Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!"

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

lol why is link in his normal green tunic while fighting Volvagia? he needs the Goron tunic for that... silly fairy-boy~ :3

@TokyoRed: god no, they had their chance and blew it for srs. the last thing we need is another Zelda TV series... ugh.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@TokyoRed That is possibly the worst idea I have ever heard. As 14 said, it's been done, and was an utter flop. Second worst thing to happen to Zelda ever.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

I wasn't the biggest fan of Ocarnia of Time's art style. (Link wearing tights.) He looks like Peter Pan if Disney made Anime.
Untitled

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@TokyoRed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwBOzzh9-gY
Keep in mind this was based (loosely) on Zelda, & Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link, as @ that time, they were the only (console) Zelda games. I'm not even sure if the Game&Watch Zelda was around at that point. Anyway, these get a bad rap, b/c of well, a lot, but mainly Link's catchphrase, which somehow managed to be spoken a ridiculous amount of times in only 13 episodes(the entire series). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM&feature=related

Art looks good, but yeah, I do remember a few of these when the game was new.

I like "Fight to the Death", & the image "Sheik a Leg".

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

I've actually seen all of these except for The Fight to the Death and Link Takes on Volvagia. I wish Fight to the Death actually happened in the game, that look awesome!

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

I kinda wish that that Link and Shiek battle actually happened in the game >_>

Gressil

Gressil said:

rofl im 90% sure these are all old. i also feel very bad for young link in the first one, he needs to be lower, or more in the foreground...

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

"Drool over the artwork below in anticipation of Link's reawakening in three dimensions."
Uh...shouldn't that technically read four dimensions, since there's time travel involved? ;)

In any case, that artwork really hits the spot, as it's whetted my appetite for OoT3D information...for now. :)

Lan

Lan said:

zelda needs a huge epic battle moment with link and hyrule's army fighting together against an evil army

James

James said:

I never said this was new — in fact, the first paragraph says this is the original artwork :P Still, enjoy!

@PureGamer Unless the 3DS is a time travel device I think I'll stick with three dimensions ;)

Rensch

Rensch said:

Exactly like the game: the same old artwork but looking better than ever.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

UGH!
I more and more wish this wasn't going to the 3DS.
I didn't put my 3DS on the charger last night, so this morning it is dead out of power.

Sure maybe that would be reasonable...if I'd played it! I had it in sleep all day (for StreetPass) and in less than 24 hours it is dead. No Playing Needed!
If I keep it in sleep during the day I usually have about 15 minutes worth of play-time power when I get home at night. As a huge Nintendo fan I'm HUGELY disappointed in the battery life :(.

...which brings me back to Zelda:OoT. Trying to play the game with a nearly non-existent battery seems like it will take away from the fun.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

@cyrus_zuo

That's... very odd. I honestly believe you may have a defective battery.

I frequently carry my 3DS in my laptop bag all day long, and then get home to see that maybe 1 battery bar at most has dropped, and can play for quite a long time before having to recharge. In fact, I've found that having the 3DS in sleep mode, with wireless and Streetpass all enabled, tends to eat remarkably little battery life.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@cyrus_zuo
You got any siblings? If you have any, they may be sneaking into your room and playing it! :o Unless of course you are an adult living on your own. If my crazy proposition isn't true, then you have a defective battery.

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

@cyrus_zuo

Quit putting it in sleep mode. It kills the battery. StreetPass is cool and everything but you need turn it OFF once in a while and let the battery rest. I can go 2-3 days without needing to charge it and I use StreetPass all the time.