First LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Trailer Walks the Plank

Posted by James Newton

Shiver me plastic timbers

Last year Disney and TT Games joined forces to announce LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean for Wii and DS, and now the twosome have brought us the first trailer for the game and some concept art to boot.

There's no gameplay footage in the trailer but anyone who's played a previous LEGO game will likely know what to expect: single or co-operative play with a range of famous blockified faces, including Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and the other characters most people have forgotten about.

Cast your good eye over the trailer and concept art below, landlubbers.

Related Games

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Never was a fan of Pirates of the Carribean, but I AM a fan of the Lego games. Though I must admit the formula's gettting a bit old.

noblo601

noblo601 said:

Haha what a great homage to the opening scene... I love the fact that lego had the pirates be hung here characters still alive!

koops330

koops330 said:

Looks alot better then the Lego batman and Indiana Jones games so I might pick this one up

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I love the Lego Harry Potter game. So I think I love this one as well. I do have my doubts about this though. Because there is a new movie on it's way.

On a related note, I really hope we will see the second Lego Harry Potter game very soon.

pixelman

pixelman said:

Hahaha Jack looks perfect. I'm really looking forward to this. Fingers crossed that the 3DS version will be good. :3

Azikira

Azikira said:

GAAAAWD FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for a new Pirates of the Caribbean game for like, 4 years XD

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

Meh I just want Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 D:<
I guess we have to wait until at least July for that though...

MrMagpie

MrMagpie said:

I note that this says it will be for DS, not 3DS. Missing a trick there, I think.

Victoria

Victoria said:

It's gonna be a pain playing as Jack Sparrow with the way he can't even walk in a straight line. It'll be like playing the Star Wars games as Yoda.
" />
But I can't wait! The LEGO games are a favourite in our household.

LunarJade

LunarJade said:

Looks like fun. I'll watch out for it and see if it's something I really want though.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I cant wait for this one to come out I need a new Lego game since my son and I just recently beat Lego Harry Potter. I dont know what I am going to do till this one comes out. I guess I will have to buy a box of legos to get my fix in till than. :D

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

I loved both Star Wars LEGO games, but we haven't been as fond of the others. We played through the first Indiana Jones, but it lacked the magic for me often, and Batman was really hit or miss. We're in the second Indiana Jones, but I'm not really digging the split-screen bit. I prefer better thought out rooms where you can be together (ala Star Wars).
So, I'm starting to loose interest in the series. I haven't tried Harry Potter, but doubt it will change my mind.
Clone Wars talks about co-op, but on different planets so that you're not actually together like it's a good thing.
Pirates trailer...? It made me smile. If the whole game does I'd be very happy to pick it up...

HappyHappy

HappyHappy said:

I think that every Lego game is amazing, but yet I have only played Lego Star Wars. Maybe I'll rent this one and see if like it.

Link79

Link79 said:

I was getting tired of the whole lego game thing too but this looks fun. I'll be all over this one when it comes out! A Lego Pirates life for me harr harr. Now where's my rum?
Ah there it is!

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Looks real fun, but won't be getting it. This is despite me having played all the other wii lego games. I'm not a fan of the films. I may get Lego SW 3 Clone Wars 3DS, however ;-)

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I was a little interested in this when I heard about it, but now it might actually be pretty good. I think I'll look into it some more.

JohnDoe123

JohnDoe123 said:

I often say I won't buy the next Lego game, but I have trouble keeping that true. I got Lego Harry Potter and plan on getting the next one, which won'y be for a while. I'm not sure about the clone wars, I'm not a fan of the TV series, but I remember the original Lego Star Wars games that were very good and they added some new features. The Pirates movies were some of my favorites, so I may pick this up. IGN said the combat was more pirate-like in this game.

Rensch

Rensch said:

A LEGO Jack Sparrow. What else could one possibly desire in a video game, me hearties.

That's like win + win = über-super-ultra-turbo win

28greg

28greg said:

Wow this looks awesome! I have to admit PiratesotC is my favorite world of all the lego games

Victoria

Victoria said:

@cyrus_zuo You should try LEGO Harry Potter. It was a lot better than Indiana Jones, who didn't really have any weapons and always was getting beat up. Star Wars was still my favourite of all, but Harry Potter was pretty good too. A least you had spells and it played more like Star Wars where as you had spells to cast like using the Force.

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

I wish the game was going to look the like concept art. Although it is Lego I'd love to see some more stylized less blocky graphics.

Splat

Splat said:

I have yet to play any of these Lego games but have heard good things for the most part might give this a shot.