Marvelous "Working to Meet Needs" of Little King's Story Fans

Posted by James Newton

But what does that mean?

Little King's Story may have been our joint Game of the Year 2009 but that didn't translate into massive sales at the tills, and things got worse for fans when co-developer Cing went into administration in early 2010. It looked as though Corobo's story stopped there, but an interview with Tomio Kanazawa, Marvelous Entertainment's Group Manager, may reignite that tiny flame of hope.

Tomio Kanazawa: Even now, we receive requests from players of games like Muramasa and Little King’s Story to continue their stories, and we’re currently working to meet their needs.

Of course, the phrase "working to meet their needs" could mean a hundred different outcomes rather than a straightforward Little King's Story 2, but the interview closes with an opportunity to do your bit for the adventures of Corobo and his court.

Siliconera: Aside from Harvest Moon, out of all the original Marvelous IP, which would you like to revisit?

There’s a lot, really. There’s actually so much that I can’t really give a full answer. What games would you like us to revisit? What do your readers wish us to revisit?

Make your voices heard!

[via siliconera.com]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

One of my gaming regrets is that I have not played this game yet. Maybe now is the time to pick it up for cheap!

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

I bought Little King's Story but haven't got around to playing it yet. But I will, I promise :P

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Huh? More Muramasa? HELLLLLLLLS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Please make more, more, more Muramasa!!!! :D

odd69

odd69 said:

I bought Little Kings Story day one and was pleased with it, so i would say continue the story.

EdEN

EdEN said:

I'm thinking they'll do a 3DS port. Got my Wii copy at launch but a port (or a sequel) on 3DS, specially at launch, would get them twice as many sales as their Wii offering.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Little King's Story 2 on Wii or 3DS, whichever, just as long as they give us more Little King's Story!:)

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

They'll probably need a port to try to garner sales enough to justify a sequel. As much as this game "feels" "Nintendo" (if that makes any sense), I'd love to see it on PS3. Hey, 3D Dot Game Heroes also "felt" "Nintendo" and IT'S on PS3, so why not? Besides, Marvelous has shown prior interest in PS3 ports, and they could probably release this to an interested userbase on PSN or something.

Caliko

Caliko said:

Not many people have heard or care for Little Kings Story. If they make a part 2 they will need to focus more on marketing the product. Some people don't care how much a game sells, but this is not the point here. The devs need to make their money to stay in business and I think it's a shame that great games like Little Kings Story and Beyond Good and Evil go unnoticed.

I think the problem with the first one was that at the time of its release:

1. It didn't get enough coverage/advertising

and importantly,

2. The box art looked like every other cheap bargain bin 3rd party game.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Fantastic game. One of my absolute favorites of this generation, hands down. And possibly my favorite.

And the best part? There's still plenty of room for improvement. As utterly wonderful as this game was, there's so much room for refinement that a sequel is a really desirable prospect. It's not just more of the same...it has every potential to be a great experience made even better.

I'd love this.

erv

erv said:

Little king's story rules. Bring it on!

Want to do something about the sales? Make it actually available! Like, on shop shelves, able for people to actually pick up and buy.

Great great great brilliant game. Little king's story is awesome!

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

When I first played Little King's Story, I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised when I realized I had played the game 11 hours straight. It's pretty much like a Pikmin game that has only the similar style and nothing else. I still have to play Muramasa, but I'd love for sequels to happen.

T1m1

T1m1 said:

both little king's story and muramasa the demon blade were my favorite 3rd party Wii games of 2009 so i'd love to see sequels of both.

Tony3DS

Tony3DS said:

I'd like to see LKS on Wiiware or Dsiware in chapters or episode format. That would solve the problem of store selves. I'm buying less and less discs these days, I've upgraded my SD card on my Wii to 8gb.