Nintendo of Japan Shows Off Upcoming DS Games

Posted by Zach Kaplan

New Kirby title and more (now with video!)

As part of its recent conference, Nintendo's released screen shots of six upcoming DS titles including a new Kirby adventure, a Pokémon typing-based game and the next entry in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, Mini-Land Mayhem.

There are some friendly dogs and fearsome dinos to see as well, not to mention some new screens from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, so head over and check them out!

You can also see footage of these and more, including Okamiden, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded and Crafting Mama as part of a gameplay video reel in high or low definition.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

A... Pokemon Typing game? I knew about the Mario vs. Dk thing already from NP I think.

sonic_brawler95

sonic_brawler95 said:

A new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game has been annonced for a while. Lol, Kirby 128, anyone? :P

And a...........Pokemon typing game? :/

XD375

XD375 said:

It's not really a typing game, it's an educational game that helps kids translate Japanese kanji into standard letters.

Bloodysaber

Bloodysaber said:

Yeah, I don't see a typing game working on a DS at all. The screen is far too small and there's no references for your fingers.

I'm leaning towards XD375's explaination.

Zach

Zach said:

Thanks for the comments. We've edited the article to reflect that the Pokémon game is based in typing but is not necessarily in the "typing game" genre, and that the Mario vs. Donkey Kong game is not the news, just the new screenshots.

Big_A2

Big_A2 said:

@SmaMan: As bad as the game is, I really wish I had Mario to teach me typing, and not this Kewala thing we had at my school.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Pokemon teaches typing....lol.
Anyways...yeah, wanna know more about this Kirby game. xD

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Why a new Kirby DS game? I mean, that's cool and all but we already have 3 kirby games for the system! Why not just make it for the 3DS, especially when it's so close to release?

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Kirby game? Wha? That's kind of odd considering how close Epic Yarn is to making it's way into the world and also kind of weird due to how different the Wii game is to the previous installments. This DS game looks very classic Kirby to me...

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

one would have thought that having 4 different kirbies at the same time was crazy enough. Now we have 10.

NGpenguin

NGpenguin said:

the pokemon typing game is supposed to have a REAL keyboard for the ds. yay anhother kirby game! .....i already knew about Mini-Land Mayhem thought

DiggerandIndy

DiggerandIndy said:

I hope that the next Kirby game doesn't have that crappy music that has plagued the recent portables. If it does, I'm complaining!

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

I used to be a Kirby freak back in the day. Today, not so much. I'd love to get re-hooked.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

The new kirby game looks good, so does mario vs. donkey kong: miniland mayhem, 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors and radiant historia.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

@11: Three?

1. Kirby Super Star Ultra
2. Kirby Squeak Squad
3. ???

Yeah there are only two. And even if there were three, why should that stop them from making another?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Mario v DK Mini-Land Mayhm = insta-buy. Kirby title eh. I have Power Paintbrush and Superstar Ultra....it needs to be of similar quality

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

@27 The third one is actually Kirby Canvas Curse. But you can never have too much Kirby :)