Tetsuya Nomura Wants to Make The World Ends With You 2

Posted by James Newton

Nothing to do with Bono

Square Enix's The World Ends With You is, let's face it, pretty sensational: innovative, individual and impossibly stylish, it's received critical acclaim since launch. Like many great games, however, the question of a sequel looms over it like an irritating Noise: Tetsuya Nomura, the game's designer, wants to see a sequel, and he's not afraid to say so.

I’m really happy that the game was so well received in North America. I definitely want to make a sequel. I’m very busy working on other titles right now, but when the time is right, I would love to make another instalment of The World Ends with You.

Although currently busy with several Final Fantasy projects, the fact that Nomura wants to create a sequel to one of the DS's best-loved RPGs is tantalising indeed, so perhaps we could see a follow-up on 3DS within a few years.

From the web

Linkstrikesback said:

To heck with FF, it doesn't need to be anything to do with the first game, as long as it uses a similar art/music/gameplay style, i'll be day 1'ing it for sure.

Kimiko said:

Yep, definitely one of the better DS games, so I'll look forward to a TWEWY2

LordJumpMad said:

Ill past on this one.
The last one felt like I was playing a Chick fick games.........

PaakType said:

The only thing a TWEWY sequel would need over the original is for clothing changes to actually affect characters' appearance (they did it for Dragon Quest IX, after all).

The_Fox said:

Oh, nice! A bit of a stretch for the pun in the subheading, but it worked!

Noire said:

Still don't know how I'd feel about it. I kind of want it to remain a one-shot. A glorious, fantastic, heart-wrenching one-night stand with Nekky.

...But I'd love a sequel. D:

Markystal said:

ngkodfbvgifbvgsdsbgbiobsky85843y7...sorry about that, I must have accidentally hit the comments section while having my seizure. TWEWY is the BEST RPG I've ever played, so TWEWY 2 would be like a dream come true. Too bad I lost my job...

Punny said:

Hmmm.... this sounds oddly familiar. I know a handsome fellow who mentioned this too..wait a minute!

Like I said before, I would love to see a sequel. Since there was a good Super Mario Galaxy 2, there can be a good The World Ends with You 2.

Sabrewing said:

Please, PLEASE release the sequel for a console platform! It deserves better than another handheld entry.

FantasiaWHT said:

Please DON'T release it for a console - it'll be $20 or $30 more expensive then.

Iggy said:

The first game was great and i only paid 15 bucks new for it.

ZarroTsu said:

If the sequel does come out, I assure you that Neku and co. will not participate. There is little to no reason for ANY of the characters to exist in the new game, actually.

Balaclavab said:

The World Ends With You is one of my favourite games, and my 2nd favourite RPG. Please make a sequel

donx998 said:

so awesome id love another twewy. super extreme mega quick insta buy if it comes out