Gandalf Joins Aragorn's Quest in Co-operative Gameplay Video

Posted by James Newton

Magical attacks from the white wizard

In development at Headstrong Games of Battalion Wars and House of the Dead: Overkill fame, Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest takes the titular bearded hero through a series of trials. What could be better than one bearded hero? Two bearded heroes of course, as this video shows Gandalf fighting side-by-side with Aragorn.

Gandalf naturally has access to powers that Aragorn does not, with his magical staff spewing everything from lightning to fireballs, as well as bubble shields and multi-hit combination attacks. No pipe smoking is shown in the video, disappointingly.

Noire

Noire said:

Silly Ganondorf, what are you doing in a Lord of the Rings game?

Oregano

Oregano said:

Got to say, the graphics are surprisingly good, especially the lighting and particle effects.

Joetherocker

Joetherocker said:

Looks cool, but I'd rather stick with my Return of the King game for now. Too many games that are more important.

FunderThucker

FunderThucker said:

This looks kind of fun. The only lord of the ring game I played was the first one for the ps2 (crap), but this looks promising.

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

I Love LOTR but this looks c**p to me. Aragorn sent on a one man mission to destroy endless hordes of orcs. It just dosen't sit right with the character. Is it just fighting or what? Cause that trailer looked very,very boring!

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

This is going to flop. The character animation alone will be enough to turn away lots of people. It's probably going to get a 60 or 70 on Metacritic. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

armoredghor

armoredghor said:

I thought this was scrapped for the wii. Gamestop's boxes say PS Move exclusive. Once again The Wii isn't counted.