Our Perceptions of 3DS Metal Gear Further Solidify

Posted by Zach Kaplan

May not be what we saw at E3

The latest Kojima Productions podcast revealed more detail regarding the upcoming 3DS Metal Gear title. It seems that the publishers are paying attention to the feedback from E3 in shaping the new release and in deciding whether the series comes to the potent portable at all. Judging by the buzz, it seems quite likely that it will – though we'll still have to wait and see. Still, the broadcast mentioned that they were satisfied with the comments that they received.

The show's host, Sean Eyestone, also commented on the fact that what we've seen is simply a tech demo and may not resemble the final product.

Of course, I think we talked about the fact that it is a sample. So you know, not saying that we won’t bring it out in the future or anything like that. We can’t say one way or the other whether or not something like that will come out on the 3DS at this point. But what we did show at E3 was a sample of what we could do with the 3DS.

Also revealed in the podcast were that Konami was pleased with the lighting and shading in the demo, that it was based on Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and that the phrase "Naked Snake" used throughout refers to the naked eye 3D visuals.

[via gonintendo.com]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm not a fan of the series personally, but I'd like to see it come out for those who are. Too impressive a demo on 3DS to not give it a go. :)

Natie31

Natie31 said:

Im not a fan myself but would like to play this game for the first time hope it does come out for the 3DS i would be gettin this one for sure.

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

I like Mateal Gear, but if it's just a remake of Metal Gear Solid 3, then I may not pick it up

moosa

moosa said:

I'd just rather it not be something of a remake when the PSP is getting all new titles in the series (and I have heard that Peace Walker is very good). Its good to hear that this was little more than a demonstration, and hopefully they will decide to deliver us an original product. Considering how good this looks as just a simple demo (and simply reusing the PS2 resources no less), and how Kojima could surely put the 3D to use in a way nobody would probably expect, I think they would be crazy not to go through with this.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

MGS3 probably had the best story, and the coolest cutscenes, but I didn't like the gameplay as much. I'd still probably pick it up, though.

Caliko

Caliko said:

Isn't it a little unfair to sucker fans into thinking it will be coming to the 3DS??

yet there was never confirmation?

Angaran

Angaran said:

I've never own a MGS game but played one at my friend's house
a lot of fun and the graphics are amazing :D
I'll get it for sure

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

A new story would brobably make me buy a Metal Gear for 3DS. I´m getting a little more hopefull that this may not be another Twin Snakes after all. Since I already own Snake Eater I hope for a new game.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

I'm not int metal gear solid at all, but i hope it is a new one. I hate that they are making a lot of remakes for the 3ds and I hope that they do not release them all at release, Cause I want to buy a new game for my 3ds when I get it not a remake.

Klapaucius

Klapaucius said:

Never played a Metal Gear game, so hopefully it does make it onto 3DS and I'll give it a go.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

I'm not a fan of the Series either, Although i loved the original back in the PSOne days which i actually managed to finish. After that I lost interest, and that PS3 demo of MGS 4 made me want to cry. Talk about complex, too many bloody options, things to know or things to do....I felt like I was reading a dictionary. It's everything I hate about videogames. Besides I felt like MGS become boring after the first game....The only reason why I'm interested in this one is because of the impressive graphics and 3D tech :p

I'm just not a fan of stealth games....BUt anyways based on the article, this game isn't even confirmed or in the works! Simply just a tech demo, where as RE Revelations is the real deal. Gahd i love Resident Evil.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Metal Gear isn't one of my favorite franchises, but I've definately liked what I've played, so I'm very much looking forward to the 3DS game.

timp29

timp29 said:

remakes = instant game library. Smart move nintendo.

I've played Ocarina of Time through about 5 times and I will buy it with my 3DS.

Objection

Objection said:

Crystalking18 said:
"I like [Metal] Gear, but if it's just a remake of Metal Gear Solid 3, then I may not pick it up."

This.

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

I might be skipping on the 3DS, at least until perhaps 2013 when it will probably be updated (like in 2006 how the DS Lite came).

skywake

skywake said:

I'm not at all interested in Metal Gear... however I am interested in the visuals and the third party support. :D

JGMR

JGMR said:

Old news. As i already said on the 27th of June as a comment on 'the game' :

"It seems that this is a Techdemo and NOT a game as such. Just Like the Final Fantasy VII one for the PS3...

Konami has not decided if the Metal Gear they're gonna release will be in fact a new instalment or a previous one."

But i'm glad more people know it now for they might set their hopes on a certain title that might never be released at all...