Mega Man Zero Collection Coming to DS

Posted by Rebecca Gunn

More Mega Man goodness for Nintendo fans

Capcom has just announced Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS, featuring the Zero character from the Mega Man X universe. The games were originally released on GBA from 2002 to 2005 and feature a story set a century after the X series (and 200 years before ZX) when Zero gets re-activated and becomes an integral member of a rebel group of reploids against various threats.

The game is due to be released April 22nd in Japan, no word yet on other regions or if it'll have extras or graphical updates.

[via kotaku.com, capcom.co.jp]

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I'm interested, I've never played any of the games so it could be good deal. They should release the whole Mega Man serie (1-8) on a single disc/cartridge too. That would be great.

nintendogamerftw

nintendogamerftw said:

I can't wait for the NA release. I could never find a copy of the first and third Mega Man Zero so this will complete my collection!

DiggerandIndy

DiggerandIndy said:

Hey cool! I only played the 3rd one and wasn't in the mood to get the others.

@Sneaker13: Capcom DID release MegaMan 1-8 on a single disc. It's called "MegaMan Anniversary Collection", and it's a USA exclusive. Ditto with "MegaMan X Collection."

xesbeth

xesbeth said:

The Zero games are so expensive now....so including them into a compilation is a good idea. Must buy.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I have Zero 1 to 3 on GBA, those were some silly tuff games, just the way I like them. I will pick this one up for sure, I just wish Capcom would release the GameCube Megaman Collection over in Europe for the Wii...

Juampi

Juampi said:

YES!!! I have been dreaming for this collection for a long time! This news has made my entire month. Absoulte must-have for me.

Knux

Knux said:

I have never played the Zero games, so playing these games on my DSi would be ultimate awesomesauce. DO WANT. :)

motang

motang said:

Awesome, I didn't the original on the GBA so it will a new experience for me! :D

Juampi

Juampi said:

These games are by far my favorite GBA games, and having them all in a single cartridge is a dream come true.

Noire

Noire said:

This is pretty sweet, I must say. I already have 'em all myself, though, and with other games on my want list, this will have to be passed up in favor of those. Ah well, maybe if I find it cheap later on I can relive my life as Zero. :P

MrPinguy

MrPinguy said:

So many capcom ports in so little time.
But this one is a good deal, even to me, that i don't own a single MMZ on GBA.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Thankfully I didn't get anymore MMZ games after I played the second a few months ago. Now I can save some money. :)

EdEN

EdEN said:

I own the 1st two games, so this is great news... which would be complemented if we had a release confirmation for outside of Japan.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I'm expecting straight ports (complete with border and blank second screen) but it would be nice if they fixed the issues with the first game. Apart from that, I have unplayed copies of Mega Man Zero 2 and 3 (they're Japanese and the cyber elf system kind of intimidated me) so it would have to be a budget title for me to even consider (though it being a Mega Man it'll be a miracle if we have it in Europe before 2011) as I think 2 Mega Man Zero games is enough for me.

Nintendophile

Nintendophile said:

I really liked these titles. I was surprised at how faithfully they recreated the Mega Man experience, and I always felt they never got the attention they fully deserved. So, I re-release would be perfect!

moomoo

moomoo said:

Yes! Now I don't have to buy them separately for the GBA! This makes things a whole lot easier. Thank you so much Capcom.

Blue_Cat

Blue_Cat said:

YES!!! I was thinking about getting one of these games for X-mas, but I'm glad I didn't. This is on my buy list for sure!

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

Right on! I only own the first, and despite some growing pains, it was quite good! Hopefully they adressed the need to not beat certain areas and use them for enemy-spawning to level...given that it was waaay too time-consuming otherwise (in future installments).

Regardless, this'll get bought.

irken004

irken004 said:

Sounds good, I played Zero 4 so this will give me a chance to play the others

Digiki

Digiki said:

Zero 4 is the only one I don't have. However once the price goes down it might be worth a look even to just get 4.

Then again though, who knows what sorts of goodies may be added.

Popyman

Popyman said:

Awesome! The GBA ones are so hard to find and all three would be more than a DS game.

Denieru

Denieru said:

I hope this collection makes it to North America, I've always wanted to play those games.

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

Think my MM-fanatic friend would of approve of me getting this compilation. I got the two GC MM collections, maybe I might consider this as well.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Whoa!:O YES! YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!:D :D :D
Thank freakin' G-d!:D I can't even find Mega Man Zero 1 or 2 in stores anymore, and their prices are fairly hefty online. I'm glad I still got the carts for Zero 3 and Zero 4, since they can be used with Mega Man ZX, but personally I'd like to have all of them on one cart. I'll not only get it, I'll pre-order it and get up at 6 in the morning to get it!:D

nintendogamerftw

nintendogamerftw said:

I can't wait to try beating Craft without save states! Won't that be fun :P.
Nintengamerftw is scared for his life at the prospect.

Frog

Frog said:

I've never played a Zero game so I'm quite excited for its release. I'm sure it will come to North America.

Donatello

Donatello said:

Same Here Frog
I havent played any of the Zero games.
I'm a Classic 8-Bit Mega man nut ;p And I've beaten X1-X6 along with ZX.
X1 was fantastic, X2 wasn't too bad either...But after that they went downhill. X5 and X6(especially) were terrible. BUT, none of those are as horrible as ZX was. I hated everything about that game, the music, the horrible exploration and useless map. Worst Mega Man game i've ever played and honestly and it's one of my hated games period ;p

But that aside, I'm definitly getting this Collection ;)