Get Ready for Macho King's Story!

Posted by James Newton

If Mr Kimura's latest idea reaches fruition, that is

Now Little King's Story has successfully conquered all corners of the globe following its release in Japan last month, the game's creator and all-around genius Yoshiro Kimura spoke to Joystiq about his ideas for the potential follow-up we mentioned months ago, and they're as barmy as you'd expect.

Mr Kimura: I realized that one of the reasons Little King's Story didn't sell well is that users prefer to have those big huge fat guys.

Joystiq: So are you going to make a Big King's Story?

Mr Kimura: Macho King's Story.

The interview also contains some interesting titbits, like the revelation the original title contained a two-player mode where King Corobo and his Bull Knight Howser rode around the world destroying all in their wake, but this was sadly removed due to time constraints.

The rest of the interview is well worth a read, particularly this segment at the end:

Joystiq:What would you say to people who haven't bought Little King's Story yet, to convince them?

Mr Kimura: Look at the reviews on the web. They're right.

He's right, you know.

[via joystiq.com]

A-SWE

A-SWE said:

so what kind of game is this? Some pictures looks kinda like some pikmin type of game.

strade

strade said:

I really do hope that they make a sequel for this. I do not think that it will happen though.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

I was excited for LKS, but really didn't get into it. I kept it for 3 weeks as a rental, played about 7 hours, and was screaming at the game when I was done. It's a bit repetitive, and the game doesn't auto-save, which makes you have to grind again through the tedious part if you died before you saved.
It's funny, b/c I love Rune Factory: Frontier, which was published by the same company, and it's a bit repetitive as well, but I find it much, much more interesting (one of my favorites this year).
A co-op mode in LKS might have made it a much more interesting game for me.

Strofan7

Strofan7 said:

The reason it didn't sell well is because the cover is too cutesy and makes it look like a kids game. The gameplay is sick if anyone tries it they wont be disappointed.

vherub

vherub said:

such a good game, would definitely get another game if they keep it going

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Hmm, everyone here seems to have Machu on the brain today.:D Well, I for one cannot wait to see a sequel for this game. It would definitely be a dream come true for me. Also, I completely agree with Mr. Kimura; the reviews for this game are 100% right.:)

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I still haven't finished it; I'll savour this one for years I think. I play another couple of missions get some folk married then take a nap and play a million other games. I still love it to pieces though!

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

One of the best games on Wii.

It's third party, but feels like a first party Nintendo game. That is a huge achievement.

Reala

Reala said:

Can't wait, also 2 player would be interesting, might give it more replay value.

wichdog

wichdog said:

I got this game about a week ago. great game! we need to support games like this. it sad to see it didn't sell as well as it deserves.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

People, myself included, need to buy this game. I have so many left to beat though... but it's a sure purchase down the road.

xShinoda

xShinoda said:

This game needs a sequel
i kill the last boss so i well 100% buy it because little king story 1 was awsome plus its two players so now i can play with my bro and ima buy NMH2

Mandoble

Mandoble said:

One of my three most top rated games for Wii. Definitively a must to have. It is an adventure game with bits of rol, strategy and tactical combat, all mixed up with an outstanding combination of atmosphere and music. This game is a blast. The only "but" might be that its world is rather small.

Machu

Machu said:

"The only "but" might be that its world is rather small" What?! Where we playing the same game, I think not.

I miss Alpoko, and may go back soon to 100% it. I've only got two princesses left to please, I've already kissed Princess Martel many many times, I'm so very glad I don't have to do that anymore. 0_o Just need to look for songs and stuff.

I hope we get a sequel I really do, and I hope he doesn't mess with the format too much. If you haven't bought the original yet please do, so as to support the Wii's GOTY, and find out what ur missing out on. :)

King Machu ftw!!!