Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Get Western Release Window

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Catch 'em again next Spring.

Cyndaquil, Totodile, or Chikorita?

Nintendo announced this weekend that the DS remakes of the beloved second generation of Pokemon titles, HeartGold and SoulSilver, will be hitting Europe and North America sometime in the Spring 2010 range.

The massively popular games, originally Game Boy Color releases, introduced 100 new monsters, a day/night system tied to the real world and Pokemon breeding. These new releases will not only beef up the graphics and sound but will also add touch elements and promises a few more hidden surprises.

Welcome back, Johto.

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

I'm really looking forward to them. I loved pokémon krystal! (which is the collaborate edition of gold and silver for you unknowing)

Adam

Adam said:

Any info on that little pack-in device Japan got with these? That thing where your Pokemon gains experience with each step you take? Will we be getting it?

Knux

Knux said:

Awesome! This is a day-one purchase for me! Heart Gold and Soul Silver might be the best Pokemon games ever! :)

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Ack, you beat me to the punch Jon, I just did my report on it, lol. Back to the drawing board :P

I can't wait for these personally, but Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the silliest Pokemon names I've ever heard!

King_Elemento

King_Elemento said:

When (if) I get one of these, Cyndaquil is the obvious pick. Typhlosion kept me going through Gold until I got my Houndoom, and it'll do the same in HeartGold.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

@Adam: No word yet, but considering it can level up your Pokemon on the fly and you can actually catch more while you walk, I'd bet it will be bundled.

Also the game itself uploads new areas for your Pokemon to walk in when certain things happen, so yeah, I would bet money on it! :)

Metang

Metang said:

@SuperSonic1990: They certainly have the potential, especially considering that a lot of people say that GSC was the peak of the Pokémon series. Now we can get it without those battery and save data problems, and enhanced graphics and sound to boot! They'd have to TRY to mess up HGSS if they didn't want them to be the best Pokémon games ever.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

I'm going with Cyndaquil. Why you ask? Because that's what I am in Mystery Dongeon.

Omenapoika

Omenapoika said:

Awesome! I should keep myself from playing the old ones, so that I'd be fresh next spring. That's kinda sick.

Noire

Noire said:

Sweet, this'll make a great birthday present, just like Platinum did, as long as nothing more desirible comes out. It'll be good to go back to Johto; it's the region I spent the least amount of time in.

Also, I'll be going with Cyndaquil. Fire starter FTW!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Totodile for me! I always hated fire types, not that water Pokemon are much better, I always end up with my trusty dark pokemon :)

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

Not sure if I'll get this - I have the means to catch every single Pokemon via other games anyway, and I have the original.

I'll probably pick it up anyway though. I'm a Pokemaniac.

SMZ2

SMZ2 said:

This looks awesome i"ll defiantly get totodile he was my start on Gold and eventually made him a lvl 100 feraligator :D

said:

Its confirmed theres a battle tower somewhere forgot maybe west from the ghost gym leader town. Also confirmed Rayquaza, groudon, and kyogre are catchable. Last Im going to say is you can go to kanto like on the originals. Don't believe me then go to Serebii.net

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

i will get cyndiquil because in the original silver version my lvl 99 typhlosion pwned. i can't say the same for my next best pokemon...lvl 11 onyx! :D. im going to get silver most likely because silver is better then gold and heartgold sounds dumber :P

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

oh is it true that you can choose pokemon to walk behind you like pickachu did in pokemon yellow?

anthonyb

anthonyb said:

Seems like a lot of people like Cyndaquil haha. I usually end up ditching my starter Pokemon, so it won't matter which I choose too much.

@Ezekiel: That's the best news ever- Kanto will be available! I'm officially sold.

ganondwarf16

ganondwarf16 said:

it'll probably use firered/leafgreen with the time machine and have other regions avalible when beaten

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

for the first time in about 5 years i am excited for a pokemon game
but i am torn who to pick i always get grass starters i love grass type and meganium being a dinosaur flower is to cool but i love alligators so i want totodile

Kittsy

Kittsy said:

Oh, whoop de doo. We have minimal information that we probably could have guessed. Thank you so much, NL.

Crazed

Crazed said:

I love this news. This series introduced so many new aspects into the game, I think I would still be playing the originals had they never been screwed up. This is defidently a buy. Now all I need is a Drill Dozer remake (or sequel).

Empty_Noise

Empty_Noise said:

Sweet! The battery in my Pokemon Gold game has died a sad death...

I'm going with Cyndaquil again.

Kadaj

Kadaj said:

Totodile FTW! Big, powerful alligator with a decent moveset, though doesn't compare to Swampert/Empoleon.

I truly love all of the starters in the Pokemon games, but Cyndaquil, then eventually Typhlosion were the worst D:

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard = awesome flying/fire.
Torchic/Conbusken/Blaziken = awesome fighting/fire.
Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape = also awesome fighting/fire.

Typhlosion...fire. Bleh.

Anyhoo, I'm on the fence about Gold/Silver remake...I have Gold and Crystal. Then again, easy access to some Legendaries is nifty ;) Hopefully Celebi is obtainable without event assistance! And hopefully they add a few more of the rarer Legendaries (Jirachi, Deoxys).

Kadaj

Kadaj said:

@Irken004 - "Am I the only one who would that would choose Treecko?"

Yes...especially since Treecko was a starter in the Generation III games (Saphhire/Ruby/Emerald) and not in the Generation II games (Gold/Silver/Crystal)