Furry Legends Gets a DSiWare Prequel

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Upcoming WiiWare game is already getting a follow-up.

Gamelion's WiiWare game Furry Legends hasn't even been released yet, but that hasn't stopped them from already announcing a prequel

Titled Furry Legends: Beginnings, this game will, of course, take place before the WiiWare game, and will feature nice 2D graphics. Here's what the developer has to say:

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce that we will be taking our beloved furballs to DSiWare. Furry Legends is no longer exclusive to WiiWare, the sneaky Furballs are expanding to DSiWare, and who knows if they will settle with just that!

In Furry Legends: Beginnings, which is a prequel to Furry Legends, players will be able to experience the world prior to squarie invasion. The game will feature beautiful, 100% hand drawn graphics, physics, puzzle, action and more!

You can expect new enemies, at least three different environments, new puzzles and a fresh dose of cheesy humor in this upcoming release. Remember to watch this space and sign up with our twitter feed to stay up to date with latest developments!

They've also released a single screenshot so you know what to expect, which you can see above.

[via devblog.furrylegends.com]

Related Games

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Great! I'm happy that more indie developers are coming to DSiWAre.

Knux

Knux said:

This is great news, but I'm going to buy the WiiWare version first. :)

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

Nintendo still needs to prove to me that I need to buy a DSi, so far they've failed. But on topic, it does look neat!

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

he probably doesnt know of golden sun ds, pictobits, or kubos
these are the reasons i will be getting the dsi (my first ds)

Popyman

Popyman said:

I wish the WiiWare version was hand drawn...It still looks like Lost Wind's level designs >_>

vakama94

vakama94 said:

@zranoll: same here, those games and a couple more are the reasons im buying my first ds, so far both furry legends games looks good, i hope they are good.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Looks like my kinda thang. Furry legends wiiware was on my radar... this is as well...

The words "physics" and "puzzle" in a gaming sense are music to my ears.

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

@Arctic Friend: I don't now his reasons, but the reasons I can guess is that so far the DSiWare hasn't really offered any must have games that are only for the DSi. Edit: That also includes regular DS games too

Second, a large portion of the offerings so far have been ports of existing titles, cut down offerings of existing titles, or existing titles repackaged with new levels.

Third, there is the fact that for whatever reason they neglected to create a Virtual Console for the DSi, which for retro gamers is a great selling point for the Wii.

Fourth, despite rumors otherwise, only releasing a game a week on the service (and most of them puzzlers) is not a way to rapidly gain fan support.

Fifth, the browser while better than the DS Browser (and free) still does not have flash and still chokes on any complex page requiring you to either stay away from most of the web or use mobile phone optimized versions of sites.

Sixth, the included camera is a joke and has yet to be used in any meaningful way (WarioWare the poor exception) other than as a gimmick extra.

Seven, no GBA port so goodbye collection of GBA games (see no VC above).

If they really wanted the DSi to succeed, they would get a Virtual Console onto it and make it possible to immediately download any GBA games the user registered with Nintendo (especially in NOA's region where the Nintendo Club stinks). Then they would work to make it possible to do the same for as many third party games as possible through a ship-in service (ship in old game, get VC game added to downloadable items list). Heck, that would earn a lot of goodwill if they did that for the Wii. As an added bonus this would go a long way to undercut the used business for those systems (as people bought games used cheap to ship them in).

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Art reminds me a bit of Rayman or a WayForward title. Definitely a good thing.

I've been trying to get my friends to buy a dsi for flipnote alone but to no avail. And they major in art. :(

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Looks great. My only problem is that the name sounds like a niche adult film I'd never want to encounter.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

This looks better than the WiiWare version, which I am anticipating. So... sneaky Furballs FTW!!

rhythmheavenfan

rhythmheavenfan said:

I don't have a DSi so can't buy this one but the WiiWare one I am looking forward to. Hopefully it's good and not a bust.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

The graphics look a LOT better than the Wii graphics... Just goes to show, a 2D game looks better with 2D graphics.

paulcmnt

paulcmnt said:

KDR_11k wrote:

Ditto.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I like the Wiiware ones visuals as well if the last trailer was any indication. That said, I do like the 2D art better.