Top 20 DSiWare Games in USA (2nd July)

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It's Thursday and time for our DSiWare Top 20!

It's time to take a look at the most popular DSiWare titles available on the DSi Shop. If you're feeling adventurous you can even take a look for yourself by simply logging on to the DSi Shop, heading into the DSiWare section and then viewing by "Popular Games". It's that easy!

We compile this list using the USA region DSi Shop, so if you live elsewhere your list will probably be quite a bit different. Please feel free to post your region's findings below as always.

Keep in mind that the list below is based on the total number of downloads made recently, not an overall total of downloads since the game's original release.

Here is the list for the 2nd of July:

1 (1) - Nintendo DSi Browser
2 (2) - Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again
3 (3) - Paper Airplane Chase
4 (12) - Art Style: BOXLIFE
5 (5) - Bird & Beans
6 (4) - Mario Clock
7 (7) - Mario Calculator
8 (6) - WarioWare: Snapped!
9 (8) - Dr. Mario Express
10 (11) - Master of Illusion Express: Deep Psyche
11 (9) - Photo Clock
12 (10) - American Popstar: Road to Celebrity
13 (14) - Real Soccer 2009
14 (13) - Mighty Flip Champs
15 (16) - Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics
16 (17) - Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face
17 (18) - Brain Age Express: Math
18 (15) - Art Style: PICTOBITS
19 (N) - Sudoku Master
20 (19) - Mixed Messages

* (N) - Denotes a brand new entry in the Top 20
* (-) - Denotes a game that was not on the Top 20 last week

The top three games remained intact for another week, but we did see Hudson's Sudoku Master pop up at #19 on the Top 20 in its first week of release.

The big climber this week was Art Style: BOXLIFE, which shot up eight spots to #4. The big dropper was Art Style: PICTOBITS, which fell 3 spots to #18. While there wasn't a lot of big movement on the chart this week, there were quite a few titles that moved a spot or two here and there.

With the debut of Sudoku Master on the DSiWare Top 20, that meant one game had to drop off the chart and that game just happened to be Master of Illusion Express: Shuffle Games.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Mighty Flip Champs should be in the top 5, this is preposterous!

TheEmulationZones

TheEmulationZones said:

I Totally Not Agree With This! Come On Now! Paper Air Plane 3rd?
Mighty Flip Champs 14?! Art Style PicoBits 18?! Brain Age 17'th? Where Is Your Head?! Clocks On 6th Place? I Thought We All Hated Clocks!

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I know, and what's worse is that MFC is on its way down. :(

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

I told you it's the Toki Tori of DSiWare.

I wonder if I should really bother but here's the German list:

1 DSi Browser
15 Real Football
16 MoI Psychoanalysis
17 AS Kubos
18 AS Picopict
19 Mixed Messages
20 AS Nemrem

Seems to be paying off for Gameloft.

SupermarketZombies

SupermarketZombies said:

At least Asphalt 4 is doing well in Germany. Sucks that all of the Art Style games are right at the bottom though...

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Asphalt is doing well because people really, REALLY want racing games and are massively underserved in that area. Look at how Spogs did on WiiWare, people simply WANT racing and noone's giving them racing.

James

James said:

Adam 1989 - the new Zelda: Spirit Tracks is out on cartridge this winter: it isn't a DSiWare download.

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

The problem is that M vs. DK is of the same genre as MFC. So it's basically killing MFC's sales, even though they're both different and great games.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

I think I influenced this somewhat, since I bought BOXLIFE and sot PICTOBITs (since, after much thinking, I preferred BOXLIFE). Then again, the only reason why I did not buy Mighty Flip Champs is due to me buying WarioWare: Snapped! with my free 1,000 DP, and I only had 500 left. (However, I would buy Mighty Flip Champs when I can.)

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

well at least BOXLIFE is doing ok. i honestly look at the art style sales on dsi and just wanna puke! Seriously, what is wrong with people???

Oscarsome

Oscarsome said:

MFC doesn't really seem fun to me. =/
I think this list is okay. Once Flipnote Studio is released, that'll be number one!

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Corbie. But I thought you loved all those clocks. :P

Mighty Flip Champs and the Art Styles should be higher! This is outrage! >: (

supa

supa said:

i can understand why pictobits is going down and thats because its running out of steam a LOT of people already downloaded it. I in about a month M vsDK will start going down.