OFLC Update: M.U.S.H.A and More

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Exciting news for shooter fans today, because Australia's OFLC has rated three new VC games, including one of the most popular Mega Drive shooters ever made.

M.U.S.H.A is the western name for Musha Aleste, one of the installments in the Aleste series. Japanese Wii owners have already been able to get Musha Aleste for a while, but we suspected it would show up here eventually - The only real change is that all ties to the Aleste series are gone. The game itself is outstanding - You sometimes forget that it's a Mega Drive game, just because the graphics and audio are so good.

Also rated are Enduro Racer, an isometric motorbike racer for the Master System, and Mercs, an overhead shooter for the Mega Drive. Both were already previously ESRB rated.

Related Games

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Enduro Racer doesn't impress me that much, but it's great to see you guys getting M.U.S.H.A. It looks like an awesome sh'mup.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

If all these games came out in the same week, I wouldn't be interested. Mercs is fun though - but I already have it on a collection title. Never played the others.

slangman

slangman said:

About time. MUSHA and Mercs sounds great. Now if only Wings of Wor, Shadow Dancer,Warsong, Tetris Attack and Parasol Stars got the same treatment.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

M.U.S.H.A. is a great little shooter. I've always enjoyed the Aleste games.

Iggy

Iggy said:

Yea ive been looking foward to the release of M.U.S.H.A. hopefully it comes soon i need more shmups:P

ness

ness said:

M.U.S.H.A sounds and looks really great, so another great Shoot'em Up is coming =).

Viral

Viral said:

Sounds like a plan....

I still wait for my lovely Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

@ NintendoBrad: Final Friday of the month. Europe, Australia and the US are not getting any TG games this month.

Nintendork

Nintendork said:

Australia is so frickin lucky. AND WHAT DID WE GET?!? 1 FRICKIN GAME!!! 1!!! :(
EDIT: whoops. I knew OFLC sounded familiar :p

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

OFLC is so frickin lucky. AND WHAT DID WE GET?!? 1 FRICKIN GAME!!! 1!!!
You do realise the OFLC are the Australain game rating board. Just like ESRB they rate stuff and it can take anywhere from a week to nearly a year for the titles to actually come out. If you were being sarcastic then disregard this.

I wonder who the pulbisher of M.U.S.H.A is since Compile are long deceased.

Edit: Speaking of shooters can we lose all hope of Europe getting Zanac now...remember it came out in America December 2007 :(

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Sweet, was hoping for more news on this game. I heard it was really good. Plus it's got giant robots, I can't resist giant robots!

Edit: wait, it's a Genesis game? Wow, fooled me!

Mario_maniac

Mario_maniac said:

Whee! Enduro Racer! I think that's one of the games I used to own for the Master System, years ago.

Devastator

Devastator said:

I think that if the VC is putting out Sega Genesis's games and Sega Master System games, then they should have Sega Saturn games to download also.

Outrunner

Outrunner said:

@Devastator: The Saturn is apparently very hard to emulate because of the dual processors. I think there are other factors too. I would love to have NiGHTS on my Wii though. As well as the Panzer Dragoon games and Shining Force 3.
I wish there were some more Mega drive games from other developers. We're still waiting for Rocket Knight Adventures.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

@ Wolveroses: Wrong, it means Europe and Australia will get it soon :p

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Outrunner. That's too bad, cuz I REALLY want to see that system appear on the VC. I'd love to be able to buy NiGHTS, Radiant Silvergun, Dragonforce, and Panzer Dragoon without paying a fortune. Will there be any chance of seeing the Sega CD though?

marktheshark

marktheshark said:

@Devastator

I do agree. I would the love to see games like X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, & Street Fighter Alpha 1, 2, & 3 if the Saturn were to be easier to emulate.

@Mr. Cheez

Very possible, but the experience just wouldn't be there unless we can get those FMV games; you know, like the Make My Video series, Night Trap, & Slam City with Scottie Pippen :p.

Eltigro

Eltigro said:

Interested in M.U.S.H.A. Will probably download.

I have Enduro Racer for my SMS. I think that ExciteBike is more fun.

Evermore

Evermore said:

I know this is a little off topic, but I need to make this question.

Last year Nintendo released all the possible Zeldas for Virtual Console, except one. While we have been expecting it for early 2008, what is the chance of Nintendo releasing Zelda: Majora's Mask still in 2008? It's the only Zelda left to complete the collection!

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Anything is possible Evermore, but it sure seems like they are trying to strecth those N64 releases as long as they can.

slangman

slangman said:

I guess Majoras mask is not coming yet either because it's hard to emulate due to the expansion pak of RAM or Ninty are saving it for a rainy day. I hope it's the latter.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

well no expansion pak game has appeared on VC yet... what could that mean?

slangman

slangman said:

Like i said i hope it's nintendo holding out on those games for a later date.

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

MUSHA is very welcome, and MERCS is lots of fun as well. The Mega Drive version of MERCS may lack 3 player support, but it includes both the arcade game and a very good console exclusive set of levels.

whalleywhat

whalleywhat said:

M.U.S.H.A. M.U.S.H.A. M.U.S.H.A.
Hopefully this means Space Megaforce will come out at some point.

Clayfrd

Clayfrd said:

I'm unfamiliar with all of these games. That's not the first time that's been the case when I've downloaded a game, and VCR has never lead me wrong (except for Splatterhouse, which I just don't like). I hope these make their way over here eventually.