Forums

Topic: Spiritual Mega Man successor - Mighty no. 9

Posts 261 to 280 of 350

Ryno

Storytime7 wrote:

Yep. Cross-buy on PS platforms was tempting, but I ended up choosing to get it on Wii U. Did you see the most recent kickstarter update? Comcept might be working on a spiritual successor to Mega Man Legends:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/po...

Yes, I saw that. I probably wont back Inafune projects again but I will keep my eye on it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Storytime7

Ryno wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Yep. Cross-buy on PS platforms was tempting, but I ended up choosing to get it on Wii U. Did you see the most recent kickstarter update? Comcept might be working on a spiritual successor to Mega Man Legends:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/po...

Yes, I saw that. I probably wont back Inafune projects again but I will keep my eye on it.

Same. I don't plan on backing projects like MN9 again (didn't back Yooka Laylee or Bloodstained) because they're almost guaranteed to reach their initial goal, but I would definitely be interested in a MML successor assuming it has potential to be good.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

FX102A

Maybe its because I only played a tiny bit at MCM but I really enjoyed what I played. Flowed well and I like the fact you can dash both on the ground and in the air.

Was originally planning to get the Wii U version for my digital backer copy, but then when physical copies were announced, went with Vita as I want a physical Wii U copy.

But then I remembered my Kickstarter backer exclusive stuff. Basically, Wii U version was to be my main, Vita my portable extra, PC physical my shelf piece (and I guess the PS3 & PS4 ones as fringe benefits).

Putting it that way, this seriously is the epitome of a 1st World Problem...

FX102A

ricklongo

WaveBoy wrote:

They seriously should of went for this handdrawn toon look like in their previous Art based screen shots. I'm still trying to be a little optimistic here, but it's tough when the game is looking and playing like a can of moldy tomatoes.
Untitled

I for one am super happy they did not go with that style. For one, the character is way too big (which has historically been a big no-no to me regarding Megaman games), and to be honest I enjoy the graphics and (especially) the lighting on the actual game a lot.

In fact, that same screenshot was one of the reasons why I decided not to back it, and instead wait and see.

Edited on by ricklongo

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Im looking forward to this regardless. Don't know if a physical release for the Wii U is possible here in the UK (GAME and Wii U don't mix) so I will have to see.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryno

@WaveBoy: I know, I regret funding this too. I wish I would have waited and got this. Untitled
Untitled

Oh well, at least I am getting a physical copy of Bloodstained.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

No kidding. I muted the video halfway through and I didn't feel like I was missing anything. While the music was kinda drowned out thanks to those stupid talking heads, I'd still argue that the music wasn't really adding much to the experience, and that's sad, IMO. Not just for legacy they were supposedly building off of, either. It just felt like the music was "just there", and there aren't a lot of good games I can think of where that's the case...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

@WaveBoy: We are getting physical NES like boxes and manuals but not a physical copy of the game.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

whodatninja

WaveBoy wrote:

They seriously should of went for this handdrawn toon look like in their previous Art based screen shots. I'm still trying to be a little optimistic here, but it's tough when the game is looking and playing like a can of moldy tomatoes.
Untitled

Man that screenshot's cartoony artstyle would look gorgeous in motion! I wish they went with that style!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Nintendo_Ninja

Nobody would shut up in that opening level! Mega man is famous for great music, but all that talk drowned it out.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Henmii

I feel like a lot of the negativity comes from the fact it has polygons instead of pixels. And people maybe expected to much. I still think this can be fun, though I would have also prefered pixels (or a nice cel-shading style, like the one shown in the first artwork).

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

SuperWiiU

Henmii wrote:

I feel like a lot of the negativity comes from the fact it has polygons instead of pixels. And people maybe expected to much. I still think this can be fun, though I would have also prefered pixels (or a nice cel-shading style, like the one shown in the first artwork).

Those expectations were created by themselves because of the artwork and the classic Megaman spiritual successor hype. Now it looks like it won't match either of those, but I agree it could still be a fun game.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Henmii

@SuperWiiU,

Well, its still a Megaman spiritual succesor. They didn't lie there. As for the artwork: Never did Inafune say the game would look exactly like that (not that I can remember anyway). Nintendo did release 2 times a Zelda technical demo that didn't give any indication of the final product (The gamecube technical demo with Link vs Ganondorf, and the Wii u technical demo with Link vs Armogohma). It isn't that uncommon. In the case of Mighty no9, people hyped their selfes up to the boiling point.

Henmii

SuperWiiU

Henmii wrote:

@SuperWiiU,

Well, its still a Megaman spiritual succesor. They didn't lie there. As for the artwork: Never did Inafune say the game would look exactly like that (not that I can remember anyway).

They might not have said that, but that is what people saw when they paid for the Kickstarter and therefore reasonably expected it to look like. It's still a spritual successor but it doesn't have the classic Megaman quality people were hoping for.

Henmii

"It's still a spritual successor but it doesn't have the classic Megaman quality people were hoping for"

Maybe not, though it still looks fun. I have a feeling that people also expect to much from returning gaming "legends". Its like: Oh, the man from Megaman makes a spiritual succesor, it must be good. But look at the creator of Sonic. Since he left Sega he only has done Ivy the Kiwi (wich is fun, but far from a classic), that pirate game that got canceled, and Rodea (wich is almost released). My point is, he hasn't lived up to the expectations yet. My advice, don't overhype yourself (that is always a bad thing).

Henmii

Sorry, this topic has been locked.