Forums

Topic: Why did you choose Wii over PS3/360?

Posts 121 to 139 of 139

BulbasaurusRex

I also have trouble finding PS3/X360 exclusive games that I like. The only one I really wish would've been on Wii is Soul Calibur 4.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

jwl

My wife chose the wii. Before that I haven't really considered getting a gaming console, though I have considered a little to get a PS3 mainly for the BluRay player. But now I am not interested in anything else than the wii, because of the Virtual Console, which I find superior to any other console. Also, there isn't really that many new games I want.

jpfan1989

Smash Brothers Brawl (Mainly this)
Mario Kart Wii
Godzilla Unleashed (partially this)
As well as a few other games at the time. I got my wii back in the beginning.

Edited on by jpfan1989

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

3DS

well it is cheper but better

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

MagikPocketz

tbh I didn't initially choose the Wii over PS3 & 360 as I only recently bought myself a Wii but I purchased PS3 & 360 more or less on release. I'm not sure what kept me away as historically I've always enjoyed Nintendo consoles, maybe it was a resistance to change the way I played games. But now I own a Wii I have to admit to being very impressed in what it offers me, a self proclaimed hardcore gamer and what it offers my girlfriend, a total non-gamer, even my 4yr old daughter gets enjoyment from it.

Friend Code - 1385 5465 6475 0154
PSN & XBL - MagikPocketz

Machu

There was no choice, I am a massive Nintendo fan, and will buy the next system blindly upon launch.

I did buy a 360 before the Wii came out, and having sent it back twice, will never be burnt by Microsoft again. How the fudge did they get away with knocking out dodgy hardware with such high fail rates, astonishing. My home built PC is more reliable ffs. Sony will never get any of my money while they insist on using the lazily designed and uncomfortable Playstation controller. I know a lot of people love it, but that's only cos they put up with it until they were used to it. My hands dislike it somewhat ew, and the lazy bar stewards haven't made any effort to reform it's design, typical Sony blek.

I also like the fact that the Nintendo Wii is (in my opinion) the only one you can call a games console, the other two I would call multimedia devices. All I want is to play games, I have a DVD player and a PC and a mediabox for all the other cheese, don't need it in a console. Nintendo = Games... and that's all I want from them.

fanbot deactivated....

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Sean_Aaron

Machu wrote:

Sony will never get any of my money while they insist on using the lazily designed and uncomfortable Playstation controller. I know a lot of people love it, but that's only cos they put up with it until they were used to it.

I got to hold one of these which a colleague brought in after buying a PS3 slim on a lunch break and I have to agree. I have a PSX dual analogue controller at home which I use for MAME (though I'm thinking getting some kind of USB adapter for the CC Pro, might make more sense -- if that even exists and if MAME would work with it) and I far prefer that to the cramped flimsy thing they're packing in with the PS3. Why change what worked in the past?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Magicpegasus

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Machu wrote:

Sony will never get any of my money while they insist on using the lazily designed and uncomfortable Playstation controller. I know a lot of people love it, but that's only cos they put up with it until they were used to it.

I got to hold one of these which a colleague brought in after buying a PS3 slim on a lunch break and I have to agree. I have a PSX dual analogue controller at home which I use for MAME (though I'm thinking getting some kind of USB adapter for the CC Pro, might make more sense -- if that even exists and if MAME would work with it) and I far prefer that to the cramped flimsy thing they're packing in with the PS3. Why change what worked in the past?

I used to be a dual analog fan. Wii made it so I can't enjoy the Timesplitters games anymore Can we please have a trilogy with IR aiming for the
Wii???

3DS FC:4468 1027 0929

RonF

I have a Wii and a PS3. The PS3 is my main DVD/Blu-Ray player and thus it see a lot of action. However, as far as gaming is concerned, the Wii is my main platform. Many of the current games try to show some grandiose cinematic experience. As a movie fan myself, I think most of them are laughable at best. Meanwhile, the same games sports uninspired gameplay experience. Combining both factors, I think most of the better HD games, with a few notable exceptions, are good for a rent, but not for a buy, as they have little if any replayability.
As the Wii is not even close of the graphic capabilities of the HD consoles, most of Wii's better games are centered in great gameplay. Games like these have much better potential to be replayed. Add to the factor there are many excellent offline multiplayer games available and the fact many of them are accessible to your no-gamers friends. The choice for the Wii is a non-brainer.

RonF

madgear

Was just the next step up for me. I was a GameCube owner the previous generation but I resisted buying a Wii at first because I thought it'd be a flop - I just decided to keep my GameCube as long as possible (buying the final few games - Twilight Princess, Tomb Raider etc) to keep it going as long as possible).

I eventually snapped when the Virtual Console lured me in and the Wii's success meant it'd be a solid format for a long time to come. Also, obviously, I could still keep all my GameCube games. I have no idea what I'd have done if the Wii was a flop - I've never fancied the 360 and PS3 much but I doubt I'd still be playing just the GameCube now. Who knows - it's an alternate timeline I'll never know.

madgear

Sean_Aaron

madgear wrote:

I have no idea what I'd have done if the Wii was a flop - I've never fancied the 360 and PS3 much but I doubt I'd still be playing just the GameCube now. Who knows - it's an alternate timeline I'll never know.

I wouldn't have a console and would be playing MAME and Stella between repeat bouts of Jedi Academy and Elite Force II!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

NotEnoughGolds

jwl wrote:

My wife chose the wii. Before that I haven't really considered getting a gaming console, though I have considered a little to get a PS3 mainly for the BluRay player. But now I am not interested in anything else than the wii, because of the Virtual Console, which I find superior to any other console. Also, there isn't really that many new games I want.

If you have the money I would definitely recommend a BluRay player, whether it is in the form of PS3 or just a player.
The picture is really incredible.

NotEnoughGolds

LinktotheFuture

The VC is the reason I bought a Wii, I love being able to play all the old games again.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

Bobpie

Price, and because of the motion controls. Gameplay > Fancy Graphics. Awesome Console > Egg-Fryer.

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

nintendonerd0011

I just recently got a Wii (a few weeks ago or so) because of the New Super Mario Bros game. My wife's little brother wanted to get rid of his so I picked it up to play NSMB and SMB Galaxy.
I figured why the heck not, since I own every other Nintendo console and have loved Nintendo games since I was 5 years old.

nintendonerd0011

Magi

1. Price
2. The motion controls intrigued me.
3. Virtual Console got me thinking that I could relive some of the games from my youth.
4. It seemed to be more family-friendly
5. The 360 wasn't reliable enough to sway me.
6. I was able to score one at launch.

Now I have a Wii and a 360. When I want to play simultaneously with the family, or while the kids are away, or casually (30-60 mins at a time), I'll usually pick up the Wii. When I want to be completely engrossed in a game for hours and the kids aren't around to watch all the M-rated stuff, I'll go for the 360.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

LEGEND_MARIOID

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Magicpegasus wrote:

The hit games for 360 and PS3 confirmed those fears. Media, online communities, stats, achievements, and Hollywood style production values were getting in the way of my good time. I saw the Wii as a return to the core gaming values I remembered from my youth. I wanted fun, simple, and innovative video games.

I'll third this sentiment. I watch the guys on Gametrailers praising the hell out of Uncharted 2 and I just don't get it. Either the trailers are focusing on stuff to appeal to people who already like that kind of thing on the PS360 or it's just not for me, but all I see is a PS1 game with tarted up graphics. I really get the sense nothing much has changed in the last two generations in 3D gaming outside of better visuals and online and frankly, that's not interesting. I'm probably just getting old, but I'd rather have a machine with the odd 3D action title and more quirky fun games like I remember playing in arcades and the old 2600.

In fact I was playing Intellivision Lives! the other day asking myself why we haven't seen a game like Space Spartans, Star Master or Star Raiders again? I'd love someone to just blantently rip off some old 2600 games and put 'em on WiiWare!

Nail on head. I actually see the PS3 and xbox360 as "backward" and "soulless" gaming despite the graphics and cinematics for the reasons stated above

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Deviant_Mugen

My answers would be...

1. Metroid--No other console provides me with such a superb game.
2. It's Nintendo (and I'm a HUGE Nintendo fan)--The company that's been shelling out amazing games ever since I was a child and the only one willing to think outside the box and be innovative. I remember when all the "hardcore" crowd was scoffing at the Wii's motion controls, but now look at what the "hardcore" consoles are coming out with! That's right, their own versions of the concept Nintendo innovated. The same thing happened with Nintendo's "everyone can play games" philosophy. At first it wasn't accepted (in fact, most "hardcore" gamers are still whining about it), but now that's it's been proven to work and move massive product, the other two companies are jumping on the bandwagon as well (albeit at a lower scale). While the other two consoles focus on graphics, Nintendo's all about superb gameplay. While the other two consoles have pretty much eliminated local multi-player (from what I've seen, anyway) in favor of online multi-player, Nintendo's still offering the same great (up to 4 player) multi-player experience for the whole family to share (with online still being provided [for free, too]).
3. Nintendo franchises are THE best--hands down. Nothing else even remotely compares. (Metroid, Mario and Zelda just cannot be topped.)
4. Platformers--Pretty much my favorite game genre, and no one does platforming like Nintendo.
5. As mentioned under reason number two, the Wii-mote. Never has there been such an amazing control system. Sure, some people are still against it, but that's only because they either refuse to expand their horizons or because they've been burned on games that haven't properly harnessed it. Well, to them I say this: Play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and say goodbye to the archaic 'dual-stick' system you love so much.

@SeanAaron: I know what you mean about Uncharted 2; I also thought it was massively overrated. I played the demo at Best Buy about a month ago and I was seriously underwhelmed. First off, the controls suck, and secondly, the graphics (which is the main reason this game has so many people messing their panties) aren't as sharp and "realistic" as they're touted to be. I'll take the Wii's "cartoony" graphics over the "realistic" graphics of the other two consoles any day...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

nemo12

i chose nintendo wii because:
1: its motion sensor movement is AWESOME!
2: i grew up with nintendo, i had a nes, snes, nintendo64, gamboy, gameboy sp, ds lite, and wii.
3: because nintendo is the ultimate.
4: for its great design and games.
5: its ingeniousness.
and the list keeps going on and on.

war does not determin who is RIGHT but who is L E F T!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.