Forums

Topic: Why did you choose Wii over PS3/360?

Posts 1 to 20 of 139

grenworthshero

I was just thinking about the common misconception that the Wii is for people who don't play games and the PS3/360 is for "real gamers"
This got me to thinking...since I assume we all consider ourselves "real gamers", why did you choose the Wii over the other two choices. (This is obviously for those of us who don't have a PS3 or 360....)
For me, it's the style of games Nintendo's always had on their consoles. Not just first-party titles; a lot of people only buy Nintendo's consoles for Mario and Zelda. I would much rather play games like Opoona, NiGHTS Into Dreams, No More Heroes, Endless Ocean, and Muramasa than any of the "hardcore" titles out there, which include "Generic FPS Part 2: The Sequel" and "Ultraviolent Third-person Action Game 2000"

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

ASDFGHJKL

1. There games have charm
2. Most of their good games are not very violent M Games
3 Cheaper

ASDFGHJKL

Thomas_Joseph

1. Price point
2. Wiimote
3. Game selection

Yeah, there are times I'd really like to play Killzone 2, or Little Big Planet, or Gears of War because they look pretty cool ... but I'm satisfied with the Wii.

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

Chrono_Cross

Why? Because I love Nintendo...that and
-Nintendo releases for it like Zelda, Mario(s), Metroid, Super Smash bros. Mario Kart, etc.
-Virtual console and all it's greatness
-Third party titles at the time looked promising and were, like Medal of Honor Heroes 2, No More Heroes, and a few others that don't come to mind(sorry I'm very tired at the moment)
-The unique motion controller really caught my eye!
-And below all it was kind of cheap sitting at $250 and I bought back in 2007.

All the upcoming games that are coming out for the Wii in 2010 is just amazing! Simply blowing 360 off the map and leaving PS3 scared, we got:

1. Arc Rise Fantasia
2. Endless Ocean 2
3. Epic Mickey
4. Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
5. Gladiator A.D.
6. The Grinder
7. The Legend of Zelda
8. Metroid Other M
9. Monado: Beginning of the World
10. Monster Hunter 3
11. NMH 2: Desperate Struggle
12. Red Steel 2
13. Shiren the Wanderer
14. Sin and Punishment 2
15. Super Mario Galaxy 2
16. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
17. Tales of Graces

All of which is going to be 100s of hours of Wii gaming. While I'm probably not going to even touch my PS3 and I already sold my 360 from collecting dust.

EDIT: And all the games listed above are exclusive to Wii.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SpentAllMyTokens

1) Price
2) Had lots of fun playing it at my friend's houses (MK Wii, Trauma Center, Wii Sports and Play, Twilight Princess).
3) More games that interested me, I know there's more to the PS360 lineup than shooter type games, but aside from LBP (which I really want to play) and Guitar Hero/Rock band (fun at my friend's sometimes, but I don't think I would enjoy it enough if I owned it for what it costs), not much else was advertised.
4) VC. Finally a chance to play all the NES/SNES I played little bits of at friend's houses and see how some of my favorite series began.

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Thomas_Joseph

Chrono+Cross wrote:

All the upcoming games that are coming out for the Wii for in 2010 is just amazing!

I've got my eye on 2 disc-based titles for 2010: Innocent Aces and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Yay me, that they're both being released in January! After that, everything else is gravy.

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

theblackdragon

(a) game selection (super paper mario and twilight princess were some of the first couple games we picked up)
(b) price
(c) virtual console
(d) novelty factor (wiimote/nunchuk was really interesting)

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Thomas+Joseph wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

All the upcoming games that are coming out for the Wii for in 2010 is just amazing!

I've got my eye on 2 disc-based titles for 2010: Innocent Aces and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Yay me, that they're both being released in January! After that, everything else is gravy.

You sure? You should Youtube some of the games above and see if you like them.

MetalMario wrote:

One word: Nintendo.

One word: Awesome.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Originally, the only reason why I ever gotten the system is because of motion controls (Back then, I was an casual gamer, due to the massive disappointment that was the Nintendo Gamecube). While I have made the right choice, is indeed happy with the system and has too many games to catch up on, had I waited until 2009 to get an next-gen console, I probably wouldn't own a Wii. But why? As much as I love Nintendo and what they do to there great console, I'm going to be outright honest. The games on the Playstation 3 interest me more then the Nintendo Wii, so I would probably own an Playstation 3 instead. That's not to give an bad image to the Wii, I'm just saying i probably wouldn't own a Wii right now had I waited much later.

As a matter of fact, if I have gotten an Xbox 360 before I got excited about the Wii, I would have gone for that instead. However, when doing a lot of research, I realize that I made the right choice in not choosing an Xbox 360, because it has the least amount of games I'm interested in.

So basically, if I have gotten an current-gen console from late 2005-late 2006, I would have owned an Xbox 360. If I have gotten a current-gen console from late 2008-late 2009, I would have owned an Playstation 3. So basically, the only reason why I even own a Wii, let alone love it is because I purchase it at the right time.

This helps a little, but the only way I'll be able to stop worrying about it is when I get a PS3 next year. Then I can enjoy the best of both systems and be satisfied for the rest of this generation.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Aviator

(A) The wii was available before the PS3

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Link79

Because Nintendo has the best games. Always have Always will.
What's that you say? Fanboy much? Damn right! Graphics aren't everything.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

ItsFuzzyPickles

Aviator wrote:

(A) The wii was available before the PS3

Unless you live in Europe and Australia, the Playstation 3 was available before the Wii, but just a week earlier. Or are you meaning price-wise?

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

shingi_70

when i get one next year it will be be for the games and VC because that's where the wii excels. But next year i'm going to hopping on my 360 with Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13, Splinter Cell conviction, and some other games. But i mainly want the wii for VC.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

Nintendo's consoles typically are better quality and last a lot longer

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Chrono_Cross

grenworthshero wrote:

@ChronoCross
Yes! My wallet is going to be empty next year. I'm looking forward to almost all of the games you listed

If I cant buy all of those games I'm going to have to rent them lol

Just for you.

Infernape1000

I always buy Nintendo's consoles and handhelds.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

dbolt

1) Brawl (The main reason I got a wii and I don't even play this anymore...)
2) My gamecube stopped working
3) Price
4) First party titles
5) Always purchased nintendo consoles until now (got a PS2 this year)

dbolt

why not? PS-consoles are not the rule or norm. The wii has great games too. There's no need for an excuse or a disclaimer.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.