Forums

Topic: Regrettable VC downloads

Posts 141 to 160 of 176

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Yoshi's Story has a modifiable difficulty. It's just that no one knows how. It's all about beating the game well. Do an all-melons run and it'll actually be challenging.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

RudysaurusRex

The original Final Fantasy. Too. Hard. Should've gotten Punch-Out!.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

AlexHighwind wrote:

The original Final Fantasy. Too. Hard. Should've gotten Punch-Out!.

What's your party? What's their level? Where are you? Final Fantasy is not too hard if you know what you're doing, and if all else fails, grind.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

brainofj

Let's see ...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - this was a purchase for the wife. She then remembered, upon playing it, that she had forgotten it was that piece of crap and not the awesome arcade game. So, if she'd asked BEFOREHAND, I wouldn't have wasted the points.

Eternal Champions - Rose-colored hindsight. Loved this game as a teenager, when I loved one-on-one fighting games. Boy, did the bloom fall off the rose. Way too complicated, difficult even on easy.

SimCity - It's still fun, but it's just too difficult to play with a controller.

"You keep saying "snake", but all I hear is 'Easter bunny, Easter bunny, Easter bunny'."
-Meatwad

bub166

I really regret buying Metroid, the original. I think it's because I didn't grow up with games like it. I am generally very bad at NES games in general, because I'm not used to them. I am pretty good at SNES games, because I grew up with those, and I don't have problems with games there. On the NES though, I am very bad at side scollers. Specifically scrolling shooters. That brings me to the point, (not a VC game but still a NES game released on a downloadable service) in that I bought Contra on the xBox Live Arcade this one time, because my sister and I thought it looked cool and we both like side scrollers on the SNES. I had 5 dollars of points left over, bought it, and couldn't get past that stupid part in the first stage where you go into third person. It seemed like an awesome game, and would reign supreme over side scrollers for me if I was good at them, but that one in particular is just too much for me. I haven't tried with the Konami code though, I guess I should give it another shot.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

TTGlider

A new regrettable for me... I've never played any of the Smash Bros series and bought Super Smash Bros on N64 VC last Friday. It's ... OK ... but since then I've read about Brawl and think I would probably have been better off just getting the Wii retail version as most consider it the best in the series. But I doubt I'd ever play the N64 version if I had the Wii version, so I'm reluctant to... ARGH!

TTGlider

bezerker99

My Aquarium - nuff said... (facepalm) (and yes, I know this is a WiiWare game and not VC but.....I don't have any regrettable VC downloads)

Edited on by bezerker99

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Sword of Vermillion. It was my first game on the VC that I downloaded because i was desperate for an RPG and I already own Breath of Fire II on cart. Good god was this ever a crapfest. It does help me sleep though.

Pokemon Snap. Why did I download this game when I'm not a Pookeymon fan? No one to blame here but myself.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

WiiAboutU

TTGlider wrote:

A new regrettable for me... I've never played any of the Smash Bros series and bought Super Smash Bros on N64 VC last Friday. It's ... OK ... but since then I've read about Brawl and think I would probably have been better off just getting the Wii retail version as most consider it the best in the series. But I doubt I'd ever play the N64 version if I had the Wii version, so I'm reluctant to... ARGH!

I very recently purchased this as well @TTGlider. It was mainly for my son, but I might actually give it some playtime myself. It's probably an intelligent decision, especially for younger children to initially begin with the most basic and less complex of the three installments. And then graduate through the following two entries, which are all operational on Wii. Well, for those of us who will have purchased our Wii's previous to it's redesign. (<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Chrono_Cross

Kirby's Dream Land 3 was awful. Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and Yoshi's Story stink too.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SKTTR

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is the best in the Dream Land series.

Every stage has a bonus secret to it, like a sidequest or an achievement.
It is the longest and hardest one! (uuh!)
has the most combinations of special powers and animal friends.
has the best graphics
it has most of the Game Boy tunes (from KDL1&2) remixed in 16-bit and lots of great original music,
you can play 2p co-op.
And it has Samus.

I think a few people didn't like it because it's more complex than the average Kirby game with all the added adventure and puzzle elements, higher difficulty and tricky co-op.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is underrated, just like Kirby 64. They're solid platformers
(while Kirby's Adventure is overrated, lacking in challenge, longevity, and... color.)

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

DarkEdi

Eternal Champions is a terrible game. The gameplay is very bad and it is hard to do the powers. There are a lot of better fighters than this game.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

TeeJay

Metroid II: The Return of Samus. It's just...uninteresting. Not to mention I can't see where the hell I'm going because the camera is zoomed in too much.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

RevolverLink

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - I never have anyone to play it with.

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Shining Force and Beyond Oasis - The existence of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection makes paying $32 for those four games ridiculous.

DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure - It's a solid game, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as other platformers from its time and I don't see myself ever playing it again.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Bass_X0

Scrafty wrote:

Magic-Wind wrote:

Super Mario World... the controls stink.

Here's a pro player tip: make sure you hold the controller the right way up.

If he was playing with a Gamecube controller then he has a point. They do stink. But thats the Gamecube controller's fault, not the game.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.