Forums

Topic: Regrettable VC downloads

Posts 121 to 140 of 176

zezhyrule

Twario wrote:

I also take back what I said about Majora's Mask. I finally made it past the first dungeon, and I think I'm almost going to start on the second one soon. I already think this game is way better than OoT, I'm not kidding. Once I found out you can use those owl statues to teleport, and you can go back to the first day and you won't lose important items, I can see that this is an awesome game.

Yes! MM lovers unite! <3

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Alexneon

DarkEdi wrote:

Eternal Champions is very crappy. I don´t know why NL gave it a 7, it deserves a 3 or 4.

And i need to play more Military Madness because i get bored few minutes i played it but i think it deserves more time to play.

Thats why ppl should never buy a game cuz it get a good score, like a said millions of time, score is just the opinion of the reviewer doesnt mean that the game is gonna be a blast for the reader. i think Nintendo life should put a info about what kind of game the reviewer likes.

Nintendo Switch FC: 1403-81460918
Gamertag: Alexneon78
PSN ID: Alexneon_

Switch Friend Code: SW-1403-8146-0918 | My Nintendo: Alexneon

OverlordMao

Galaga, ugh. SO BORING.

Also, probably Double Dragon, since I had no idea you couldn't have two players.
WHAT'S THE POINT, THEN!?

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

Yasume

The Last Ninja. I only played it for 2-3 minutes, but it seemed glitchy as hell. Paths were disappearing, I couldn't hit enemies for some reason and the jumping was just really messed up. I also couldn't pick up items for some reason. Can you believe I witnessed all that in only 3 minutes? Who knows what would have happened if I had played another 3 minutes.

I really don't want to play it ever again, but it won't magically appear in completed on Backloggery, so I guess I have to...ugh.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

Kingbuilder

I definitely regret getting DoReMi Fantasy. Not my type of game at all. Most of the music is actually suprisingly frightening and the levels are colorful, bubbly, and happy, not really making that great of a combination. The gameplay was decent, though. I liked most of the areas you got to traverse, my favorite being the Music World. The bosses are also difficult since you have to keep retrying at 1 health every time you die after your first death. Not being to read any of the dialogue in game didn't help the cause, either. :C

Overall, it just wasn't too great of a game, yet I can still sort of see why other people would like it... sort of.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

GeminiSaint

Mario Kart 64. It didn't age very well. Few tracks, inability to play GP mode with more than 2 players, and technical problems with framerate that make some tracks (Moo Moo Farm, Bowser's Castle and DK Jungle Park) either too fast or too choppy when played in 3-4 player mode.

Edited on by GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

OldBoy

Beyond Oasis. Just couldn't get into it.

What's this bit for again?

TTGlider

I haven't downloaded any stinkers yet - I don't think - but some of my purchases have surprised me. The original Ninja Gaiden NES I've only once beaten the second boss in. Right now I can't stand the way jumping works in the game, especially trying to jump 'up' against a wall. I'm sure I just need to 'learn' the controls better but if it were a modern game I probably would have long since swallowed my pride and traded it in at Gamestop for credit. Nobunaga's Ambition for Gameboy was a title I remember feeling very proud to have beaten as a kid, but whatever the formula was I've now forgotten as I am always made mince meat in the SNES VC game. I do admit the presentation level of the SNES title is just lovely- great to look at! And this weekend I found a scan of the manual so I hope to give that game its due soon enough. SimCity for SNES, on the other hand, almost seems too easy. But I like the music and bright colors and it's fun to churn away while I'm multitasking. Though for $8...? Wild Guns I doubt I'll ever reach the fourth stage in but it's novel enough I don't mind. And Zanac is darn tough. Saving the "worst" for last, Baseball Stars 2 is the purchases I'm most tor torn over, maybe a feeling amplified because of its 900 point price. It just doesn't seem like there's much to it, and ... ungh. I dunno, now that I think about it... the game rubs me the wrong way. But I wanted another sports game for some blasted reason.

TTGlider

LuigiTheGreenFire

I really don't regret any of the 12 or 13 I have. I pick the games very carefully.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

brooks83

I wasn't too impressed with Blaster Master, but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

brooks83

HappyHappy

So far Yoshi's Story and Zelda 2.

So many good games, so little money to spend.
3DS FC: 2148-8542-0062 Name:Ram-Z
Add me if you dare!
3DS Games:
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Twitter:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

CURRENTLY
Zelda II- it's freakin' hard
Phantasy Star II- it's boring

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I wasn't too impressed with Blaster Master, but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

I gave that one far too much of time, and as the time gradually flew by I started to hate the experience even more and more. I just wanted to beat the game and that was that. Let's forget about that giant Crab boss that blows out the insane amount of bubbles where you have to manouver around them like a ninja on crack. It's that Giant Blue Lobster in world 7(I think it was) that caused the major trouble...It was insanity challenge wise.

Yet I made it to the final boss(I think it was 4 times) and just when i thought i was about to beat him, he landed the final blow on me and i was toast. This game is a complete chore to get through...The music gets incredibly irritating and grating as it constantly loops and LOOPS and those cave area's where you're out of your vehicle are poorly done. God I hate this game.lol

Also....I'm torn on Contra II: Super C
While it's an entertaining sequal in the contra franchise, it's just pretty bland, uncreative, the music sucks, the bosses for the most part aren't that memorable and it just pales in comparison to the awesomeness that is the original. It's still solid, but for some reason i still deleted it from my collection. It's just not worthy.

And where in the hell is the original CONTRA!? Why in hell did we just get the inferior sequal instead? Does Konami have some sort of crazy contract with somebody?

Yup, I am going to have to disagree with you on Contra vs. Super C. Having recently ran through both, I was dissapointed in Contra because I had it built up in my mind has being near the Apex of NES games. Only a couple of levels did the music actually stand out to me and I thought the 3D levels were just boring and easy. Not to mention that last level is pretty underwhelming and easy. I enjoy the top down levels of Super C more and the over all look and level design. Maybe I am the only one that likes Super C over Contra.

And another thing about the Contra series, what in the hell is up with the killer bubbles of death? I mean, Red Falcon and his fellow Alien cronies have this super top secret crazy amazing technology and they use bubbles. Not a big fan of jumping around avoiding and trying to shoot bubbles.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

lockelocke

I love Super C. It's my favorite Contra game hands down, so don't worry Ryno, you are not alone. I'm rockin my rose tinted glasses no doubt, but Super C pretty much epitomizes my childhood circle of friends. We've all got that game memorized.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

VmprHntrD

I regret My Life as a Dark Lord. That was the last game I picked up for the system around the time it came out. I did some stages into it, but it got excessively annoying and picky on how it wanted stages done to the point it was like you had to just do stuff exactly how you wanted or it failed and I can't stand crap like that at all. It's like use a faq, be a mind reader of the maker, or just pound away until you annoying stumble onto the pattern and it's a huge turn off. Games like that limit why I buy stuff I can't resell because if it has a chance of stinking I won't get it, and it hurts more when it looks good and sucks.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

speedyb

Quite a few, actually:
-1080 Snowboarding: Hasn't aged gracefully at all. Avalanche is much better.
-Mario Party 2: Not much fun without another player.
-Punch-Out!: Primitive game engine. It was a letdown.
-Splatterhouse: Censorship I wasn't aware of until I bought it, bland gameplay, horrible music.
-Super R-Type: Thanks to no "respawn right where you died", this game is way too hard. Unnecessarily so.
-Yoshi's Story: Too easy. Forgettable music. Not nearly as fun as Yoshi's Island.

speedyb

Stine

The only one I've kind of regretted downloading so far is Harvest Moon. But I have a feeling that I'll start playing it some time I'm actually in the right mood and end up liking it.

CanisWolfred

Stine wrote:

The only one I've kind of regretted downloading so far is Harvest Moon. But I have a feeling that I'll start playing it some time I'm actually in the right mood and end up liking it.

Yeah, that happens to me a lot.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

wolvesanyone

I got Pacman thinking it would be a good alternative to Ms. Pacman, I was wrong.

Huzzah!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.