Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,080

Chozo85

I wish I could say I was enjoying the game, but it has now frozen on me twice on the sixth level. The second time, I think I was almost at the end of the level. This is very very frustrating. Has anyone else had the game freeze on them? This is really spoiling my enjoyment of what is otherwise a very good game.

Chozo85

Oregano

I haven't had any freezes, the only glitch I had was on Airfield Bond fell through the floor at the checkpoint.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Gameday

@Chozo85 Yes its frozen on me about 7 times now. On multiplayer options and game modes. Not on story mode or single player i mean.

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

@grenworthshero: You're supposed to sneak into that building and there'll be a monitor in the last room to your left, that's the one you have to photograph...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Machu

Guh, just froze on me, in Severnaya no less. Lol.

Apart from that this game is ace!!!

Rawr!

Spoony_Tech

I've had one freeze. I just think my Wii needs cleaning since when I first put the game in it would not recognize it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

man, 007 classic mode made me realize that i hate regenerating health. if i were starting over again i wouldn't even mess with the other difficulties, go straight for the classic. i avoided it because of how hard it was supposed to be but the checkpoints make it pretty reasonable. it just feels so much more like bond.

i contacted activision about the dead zone thing and they had no answer other than that they'd send it to the higher ups, though i doubt there's much they can do without the ability to patch or anything. i have found a way around the problem problem- if you keep the cursor still while going into down sight aiming mode there will be no problems with the dead zones. it's when you aim while moving that the glitch comes up because you're in the middle of using your standard dead zone and the game apparently can't switch to the down sight one as long as you're still using the other.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Oregano

They must have some way of updating though(unless I missed something)... the other pre-order modes don't show up in the modifier menu do they? and the said they'll be available for everyone next year...

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: That good, huh? I was assuming that it was going to be really tough (piling on the 007 difficulty along with no regenerating health), but I'm definitely going to try it out soon...

@Oregano: Tag mode and Invisibility mode are in the modifier menu, but they have a lock on them...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

hulklol123456789

I hope that these game doesn't disapoint me, I was also looking for game like Sonic Colours and Disney Epic Mickey, but I bought these one, I hope ot to be very good, I normally don't buy games that NL gave them a 8, and I ave heard tha it have some problems (it freezes and idk) so I really hope that these game doesn't disapoint me.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

romulux

Metroid_Fan wrote:

I was assuming that it was going to be really tough (piling on the 007 difficulty along with no regenerating health)

the health doesn't go down as fast as 00 mode in the original, it drops more like agent or secret agent did. body armor also seems well paced so that you'll come across it when you really need it. it's still difficult because the levels are so long and there are many more guards, though, but as long as you use stealth to minimize gunfights it's not so tough.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: True enough, I already passed the Dam mission on Classic and am currently working on Facility. What I did find out is that the guards seem to be quite perceptive on Classic difficulty, almost to the point of annoyance, really. Sometimes I haven't even walked into a room before stirring up the guards and a firefight erupting (which is the worst thing you can have happen to you on Classic, of course). I love stealthing it out, though, so I've been faring quite well, I'm just dreading getting to the levels where you have to fight head on for extended periods of time...

grenworthshero

Metroid_Fan wrote:

@grenworthshero: You're supposed to sneak into that building and there'll be a monitor in the last room to your left, that's the one you have to photograph...

I found it, but it wasn't a monitor -- it was a weapon inside of a box you have to open to see. The cursor won't show up on the smart phone until you open the box.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Tasuki

Oregano wrote:

They must have some way of updating though(unless I missed something)... the other pre-order modes don't show up in the modifier menu do they? and the said they'll be available for everyone next year...

From what I have read is that all the pre order modes will be available for everyone next year sometime.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

rdvid

I did pre-orderd the game but I dont know if I still want to get it , I dont have so much money and the list of good wiigames is to much this year...

Powned Podcast & The 3DS Podcast - English so for you. Now on iTunes! Also host Dutch Nintendowebshow "NTV"

hulklol123456789

rdvid wrote:

I did pre-orderd the game but I dont know if I still want to get it , I dont have so much money and the list of good wiigames is to much this year...

I order so now I can't say no! But your right, the list these year is HUGE! I order goldeneye 007, not because of the NL review (because they gave it a 8), not because the nostalgia of the first goldeneye (because I never played it), not becuase im a fan of james bond (because I have never seen a movie of him) I buy it because it is probably the best T rated FPS on the Wii, and because I wil be able to play with 4 friend splitscreen although I only have 2 wii remotes.

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

BulbasaurusRex

[quote=rdvid]

hulklol123456789 wrote:

I buy it because it is probably the best T rated FPS on the Wii, and because I wil be able to play with 4 friend splitscreen although I only have 2 wii remotes.

Until February, that is...

An 8 is an excellent score! Why wouldn't that be enough? You're not going to find many games (and miss out on a lot of great games with 7's and 8's) to get if you restrict yourself to 9's and 10's. You should be reading the full reviews of games that seem interesting and make your decisions based off the scores, the full review content, and your own personal interests.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

grenworthshero

[quote=hulklol123456789]

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

rdvid wrote:

I buy it because it is probably the best T rated FPS on the Wii, and because I wil be able to play with 4 friend splitscreen although I only have 2 wii remotes.

Until February, that is...

An 8 is an excellent score! Why wouldn't that be enough? You're not going to find many games (and miss out on a lot of great games with 7's and 8's) to get if you restrict yourself to 9's and 10's. You should be reading the full reviews of games that seem interesting and make your decisions based off the scores, the full review content, and your own personal interests.

This is true. Besides NL bases their scores a lot differently (and better, imo) from most sites. 6 is pretty average, but not bad. 7 is a good game, and if a game gets an 8 or above, it's one you really shouldn't miss. I usually don't listen to reviews at all, because my favorite games usually get mediocre scores. I just read a lot of reviews and figure out what to take out of it, and what to ignore. Usually, though, I have a pretty good impression of the game before I even know anything about it, because I've been playing games for a long time, now.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Marvelousmoo

Hmm, Gamestop gave me the wrong code...I got tag mode instead. Oh, well. We can get them both at the end of the year anyways.

Marvelousmoo

BulbasaurusRex

grenworthshero wrote:

6 is pretty average

Actually, 5 is average.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.