Wii Forum

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,087

AuthorMessage

Oregano

721. Posted:

Okay this game is amazing.... finished the bunker level in single player and I've been playing the multiplayer(lag free now!) and whilst it takes a lot from COD the subtle differences really give the game it's own feel, like the weapon changing isn't as fast and the melee attack doesn't lunge!

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

722. Posted:

Ok this is going to be stupid but I just loaded the game into my WIi and I get a screen that says Save Data is required to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I do have my Wii connected to the internet and it wont let me go pass this screen. I tried pressing all the buttons to get pass it but it wont. So what am I doing wrong?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Machu

723. Posted:

I would guess, that you need a save file (created in single player) before you can go online. I dunno.

omg is it tomorrow yet? D:

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

724. Posted:

[quote=machu]I would guess, that you need a save file (created in single player) before you can go online. I dunno.

</blockquote>

Yeah its the first thing the game will prompt you to do.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

725. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok this is going to be stupid but I just loaded the game into my WIi and I get a screen that says Save Data is required to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I do have my Wii connected to the internet and it wont let me go pass this screen. I tried pressing all the buttons to get pass it but it wont. So what am I doing wrong?

Same thing happened to me. Unplug your gamecube controller.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

726. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Even if I have the Wavebird controllers off?? Weird now I feel stupid lol. I will try that out later when I get a moment.

Thanks for the help.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

727. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Even if I have the Wavebird controllers off?? Weird now I feel stupid lol. I will try that out later when I get a moment.

Thanks for the help.

Yep it was the last thing I did to. My wave bird was off also. I was so frustrated.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Oregano

728. Posted:

Machu wrote:

I would guess, that you need a save file (created in single player) before you can go online. I dunno.

No, it's not tomorrow yet but some Europeans are already experiencing the awesome! Like meee!

Edited on by Oregano

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage

Caliko

729. Posted:

waiting for Nintendo Life's review....

Caliko

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

730. Posted:

4-ish hours left.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

731. Posted:

Jon Wahlgren wrote:

4-ish hours left.

Thanks!! I was wondering to.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

732. Posted:

Sorry it wasn't out sooner, I wanted to take a couple days to give the online a go with everyone else, see how it holds up under normal use and such. You know, see if everyone is spawning in walls and stuff.

Editor At Large

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

733. Posted:

So how does this stack up the original Golden Eye 007 single player and Multiplayer wise?
After all, it's all about the Multiplayer hehe. Ans as much as I love Wii Pointer Controls, there was just something insanely challenging and fun using the N64 controller when trying to aim down your buddies, especially with the golden gun. With Wii Pointer controls, it's basically easy for everyone.

Also does this game have that Step dodge like in the original? I'm pretty sure before you had to hold a button and press left or right on Yellow Control buttons. I LOVED doing the step dodge, came in pretty handy for dodging bullets and bumped up the skill in the game! Especially when hiding behind a corner and jolting in and out.lol

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

madgear

734. Posted:

Out of all the video game sites I visit, none have reviewed Goldeneye yet (except IGN I suppose, which is an occasional visit site). They all have reviews for Blood Stone but not Goldeneye - well it's out tommorow so I'll just take the gamble and get it. It looks damn good so I guess I don't need assurance on this occasion.

madgear

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

735. Posted:

@waveboy: It stacks up pretty damn well in both regards (though I've yet to have a real multi-player session). Oh, right, I know what you mean, and as Panda said, that move is now replicated by aiming down the sights while behind cover and twisting the nunchuck in the desired direction...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

736. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

So how does this stack up the original Golden Eye 007 single player and Multiplayer wise?
After all, it's all about the Multiplayer hehe. Ans as much as I love Wii Pointer Controls, there was just something insanely challenging and fun using the N64 controller when trying to aim down your buddies, especially with the golden gun. With Wii Pointer controls, it's basically easy for everyone.

The multiplayer is a ton of fun, but whether you like it more or less than on N64 depends on what it was about the N64 GoldenEye you liked. The GoldenEye of old is more like a slower version of Doom gameplay, whereas here it's obviously more modernized and like a simpler version of Call of Duty. There's plenty of fun to be had.

Also does this game have that Step dodge like in the original? I'm pretty sure before you had to hold a button and press left or right on Yellow Control buttons. I LOVED doing the step dodge, came in pretty handy for dodging bullets and bumped up the skill in the game! Especially when hiding behinde a corner and jolting in and out.lol

I'm guessing you mean the aim step, where you hold R to bring up the crosshair and move it around the screen with the stick? If you use the pointer controls you can do a lean move around corners and such, which is basically the same thing.

Editor At Large

AuthorMessage

brandonbwii

737. Posted:

@Metroid
There is always strafing in fpss. it simple allows you to move around your opponent while still aiming at them.

Does any one have the Classic Conflict promotional code as well as the invisibility and tag mode cheats?

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

AuthorMessage

D33G

738. Posted:

I have the invisibility mode!

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

AuthorMessage

Deviant_Mugen

739. Posted:

@deegan714: Care to share?

@brandonbwii: Yeah, I misread his post, but it's now edited accordingly...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

AuthorMessage

D33G

740. Posted:

@Metroid_Fan

Hmmmmm... What's in it for me?

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

Sorry, this topic has been locked.